8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Water. On a rag. Maybe with some car wash soap. But nothing fancy--they're going to have brake dust on them in ten minutes anyway, so I don't get the whole expensive polish stuff.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Wheel cleaner to get rid of the dirt and brake dust, car wash soap and a brush to get in all the nooks and crannies

·
Registered
329 Posts
axdfa5t said:
Isnt it bad if you get water on your brakes and rotors?
OH NOES! What will happen when it rains! :xyxnervou

Sorry, just giving you a hard time ;)

Seriously though, don't put cleaning products on hot surfaces. Water on hot rotors is...okay. Still better to let it cool down first though! Once it's cool, water + rotors = fine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MonkeyConQueso said:
OH NOES! What will happen when it rains! :xyxnervou

Sorry, just giving you a hard time ;)

Seriously though, don't put cleaning products on hot surfaces. Water on hot rotors is...okay. Still better to let it cool down first though! Once it's cool, water + rotors = fine.

haha its cool. it barely rains here in OC so i never thought about that. though you are in seattle which is percipitation central so you are always prepared :thumb: I've just been using my car washing soap and a mitt to clean my rims but then i would splash my brakes and rotors and then one day i was like " is this bad for my car " so im just making sure.

Gotta try that peanut butter thing sounds odd LOL

·
Registered
329 Posts
axdfa5t said:
haha its cool. it barely rains here in OC so i never thought about that. though you are in seattle which is percipitation central so you are always prepared :thumb: I've just been using my car washing soap and a mitt to clean my rims but then i would splash my brakes and rotors and then one day i was like " is this bad for my car " so im just making sure.

Gotta try that peanut butter thing sounds odd LOL
Hehe, at least you made me laugh!

I moved from Snow to Rain (CO to WA). I like the Rain much more than the Snow...

The PB deal is going to work well on rims that have build-up on them. Magnesium chloride, salt, water deposits, etc... If your rims are clean and pretty, there's no need to use the PB.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts