8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has put these on their cars?

There made by BFG from what I can find out and just looking for some feedback.I'm also looking at the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo but the Rikens are way cheaper but are they worth it in the long run?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I've had them on my Si for about a year and 3 months, and I can say they're ok. They have great grip at first, but once they start wearing down they lose a lot of it. They've never really had good grip in the rain, and snow is terrible, but that's to be expected from a summer tire. On the good side they're relatively quiet, and yeah, they're pretty cheap.

I'm actually gonna be upgrading to BFG KDW2's though. No more Raptors for me.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I almost got the raptors too. I ended up getting the BFG KDW2s, but the tread is starting to go and they are really really loud. If you want a quiet tire, do not get the KDW. Although if you autocross, they grip like white on rice. When I take mine autocrossing, they hang in there through thick and thin.

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it's just for daily driving but sometimes it's like being at the track.:eek:hsnap:

Thanks for the info,never really been a big fan of BFG's but the price is so right.:facepalm:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Well it's just for daily driving but sometimes it's like being at the track.:eek:hsnap:

Thanks for the info,never really been a big fan of BFG's but the price is so right.:facepalm:
Street racing post. Ban!!!!

---

On a serious note, those who have the Hankooks vs. the Raptors...Your preference taking into account the price? I'm looking at the Hankooks pretty seriously myself.

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:iough:

I can get the Rikens for $93.75e and the V12's for $140.82 e and I have $80 in credits so I'm getting closer to the V12's and how much I want to spend.Plus I will be selling the HXMXM4's(2000 km's) so really if I go with the V12's it may cost me a couple hundred all together if not less.

I could probably get them cheaper out of the states but would rather keep my money local.:coffee:

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Get the Hankook, you won't regret it. I have them and they are good, can't give you an awesome review yet because I've put less than 200 miles on them, but so far they are very very good for the price

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yeah, personally I think you can do a lot better for the same price, or a few dollars more.

The whole reason I'm getting the KDW2's is because I've heard the grip is insane, plus I LOVE the tread pattern! Haha, I'm aware of the road noise, but that's ok, I usually blast my music anyway. : )

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^KDW's are close to $160 and I hear the comfort isn't that good.I'm going to be dropping next week and loosing some comfort so I hope to get some back with the tires or at least not loose more comfort.They do however look to be good as far as handling goes but again it's just my DD.

Get the Hankook, you won't regret it. I have them and they are good, can't give you an awesome review yet because I've put less than 200 miles on them, but so far they are very very good for the price
Thanks man,mind if I ask what you paid?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
:iough:

I can get the Rikens for $93.75e and the V12's for $140.82 e and I have $80 in credits so I'm getting closer to the V12's and how much I want to spend.Plus I will be selling the HXMXM4's(2000 km's) so really if I go with the V12's it may cost me a couple hundred all together if not less.

I could probably get them cheaper out of the states but would rather keep my money local.:coffee:
Randy is there a specific place you are referring to here in ontario? That price still seems pretty high for just the V12's though no? US pricing is like 97 bucks.

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
The first time I saw and heard of these tires I laughed cuz the R on Raptor looks exactly like the R on a ITR lol.

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
$496 shipped to my house (225/40/18)

waiting on the $50 mail-in rebate
Oh a mail in rebate too...I need to look into this!?18"s eh?:spaz:I'm going with 215/45R17 because I can't afford new wheels on top of the tires.:facepalm:

Randy is there a specific place you are referring to here in ontario? That price still seems pretty high for just the V12's though no? US pricing is like 97 bucks.
I called all over the place and he's only making a couple bucks per tire.I had prices from $140 up to $160.So yeah I see the states is cheaper but idk I just like to spend money in Canada!:canada:

If you go for the ones in the states let me know how you make out and how long it took to get here.

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Oh a mail in rebate too...I need to look into this!?18"s eh?:spaz:I'm going with 215/45R17 because I can't afford new wheels on top of the tires.:facepalm:

I called all over the place and he's only making a couple bucks per tire.I had prices from $140 up to $160.So yeah I see the states is cheaper but idk I just like to spend money in Canada!:canada:

If you go for the ones in the states let me know how you make out and how long it took to get here.
Yup, that's why I jumped on them since I needed new tires for the Volks

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
i had the raptor's on a pervious car.... they held up pretty well and lasted a while... from what i remember their more of a summer tire. Of course my pervious car was a Ford Focus.... sooo the Si has almost double the power.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
^^KDW's are close to $160 and I hear the comfort isn't that good.I'm going to be dropping next week and loosing some comfort so I hope to get some back with the tires or at least not loose more comfort.They do however look to be good as far as handling goes but again it's just my DD.
Yeah, but I think they'll be worth it. haha
I understand what you mean about comfort, but I'm not too concerned about it myself.

Make sure you post some pics of the drop when you get it!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'm also looking at the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo but the Rikens are way cheaper but are they worth it in the long run?

Mind if i ask where youre picking them up from for that price, im looking at the same tire myself and dont want to go through the shipping to Buffalo process.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts