8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ride the dragon regardless of whether you've driven it? Heard it's one of the most technical and challenging rides (as witnessed by the many, many fairings hung on tress and sh**). If so, what were you on? Tell us about it!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have ridden the dragon on a modded 2004 sv650s and a 2010 Triumph Daytona the past two years and will be back again this year with my Daytona. It is a very technical road however the difficulty is all based on the speed you try to go through it at. If you take it slow and easy and don't get sucked into trying to ride as fast as anyone else it's fairly easy just a lot of turns. If you pick up the pace it gets more challenging and a lot more tiring too.

It is the most exciting and intense road I have ever ridden and why I'll make the trip down every year just to ride it and all the other amazing roads in that area.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Tore it up on a 2006 Honda VFR. It was ok, but a little too much slower traffic. There are lots of nice rides in the area that arent so over-ridden :)

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
I haven't ridden it but there was a lady on a motard that was flying. She got up on my bumper so I let her past and after two turns she was gone

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have ridden it in the back of an rx-8 [i live 15 miles from it] first trip ever there he felt good an the way back and got it sideways a few times [crazy guy]

ps a simi with no trailer did 30 or almost the whole way back and reg cars had to pull over for him

1 - 10 of 10 Posts