8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok wen your in neutral, and you rev the car up, the revs only go up to 5500 and it seems like there is a limiter... is this right? and why? im sure this is a stupid question.

·
Registered
920 Posts
When the car is in Neutral, there is no limiter, but when its in gear (1st, for instance) it'll limit to 5500 RPMs. I think its kinda like a launch control feature, haven't tried that yet.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is a limiter when its in neutral, it wont let me rev past 5500, try it and tell me what happens

·
Registered
54 Posts
it's in neutral and it has the lower rev limiter?? If that's the case then that's normal. See if it's in neutral, then there's "no load" on the motor. it's a Safty feature so the motor doesn't free spin and casue damage.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It might be limited to prevent folks from blasting the clutch & tranny with 8k launches. I've read every review I could find and nobody mentioned this so I call it "unconfirmed" until a few more people verify it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm telling you it's a No Load limiter. You're right it to prevent tools from blowing their motors. But not from hole shots. Get in Any V6 Accord and try Redlineing it in N or P. Honda has been doing it for a while now. That limiter is actually similer to a Performance limiter found in the MSD Digital 6+ box. Where it shuts off alternating cylinders.

·
Registered
242 Posts
rev limiter

Just got my Si yesterday and tonight I reved it up for a buddy in neutral in a parking lot.....it cuts back after the tach needle reaches 5500 rpm.....if that helps any to ya guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts