8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know, I encountered some issues with my previous suspension setup resulting in the need of a new setup. Previously, i was running skunk2 shocks and springs. Finally decided to go coilovers. Due to a number of circumstances, I decided go with Megan Racing Coilovers. I did a bunch of research on 8thcivic and the internet before deciding on Megan Racing as I had a couple of different options. Since there was no real reviews but a lot of inquiry on them, I decided to write one.

Anyways, onto the review. I didnt take many pictures, so Ill do my best. Plus this is my first major write up, so bear with me here.

Upon receiving the package, everything looked in order. All items were packaged well and securely and double boxed. The actual megan box was packaged in another box.

This is what I saw:

Everything seemed in order, nothing missing and packaged decently well. After quick inspection, all parts seemed to be of decent quality and I am no real judge of what "high quality" would be compared to something like Skunk2 2, BCs or anything.

Now, finally unwrapping everything, this is what was included:

Pictured is exactly what you receive. Two front struts, 2 rear shocks, 2 rear springs with the springs and perches, 2 sets of adjusting keys and the allen wrench. Any needed bolts were included as well, which were essentially the two rear locking nuts and 3 14mm bolts on each front strut for the top hat. Stock top hat is not needed as it comes with its own along with an adjustable camber plate which is a huge plus in my book.

In closer comparison with the quality versus my skunk2 shocks and springs and oem front struts, quality seemed quality. Nothing seemed shabby or cheap. Installation was a breeze. Only quip I would have is if this is your first coilover install ever, than the instructions are horrid, but I had help and someone experienced, so it made the installation a breeze.

Heres a pic of the rear setup:

and that concludes the pictures i took. Lol. But as you can see everything seems top notch. No major issues or complications. Everything was direct bolt on minus the brake lines. Those had to be ziptied in as the brackets for those were something left to be desired but nothing that would really take away from the coilovers themselves.

Now, they have been on for less than 24 hours, but a good 100+ miles on them already as I drove a bit extra around that night just to get a good feel. As of now, no cabin noises, popping, clunking, squeaking or anything which I am extremely impressed with. I currently have the dampening set at 17 which seems perfect on the moment.

Ride quality is almost stock. Driving up and down the 22, 405 and around the LAX area, I havent had any complaints. Albeit, I am not at my ideal ride height and alignment is not done yet. I have yet to adjust the height and dial in on a setting I would like yet. I plan to lower the car and set the height tonight after work. But for the past 12 or so hours Ive had it, I could not be any more impressed with these coil overs.

So if it required a star rating out of 5, I would give it a 4. I took off a star because 1. i dont know of many suspensions so I cant possibly give it a perfect rating...2. the instructions were horrid and 3. the brake line brackets on the front struts could have been better. other than that, I love everything else.

Hopefully this helps any potential buyers and feel free to ask any questions. I will write a review again once i lower it to where id like it and get a proper alignment. ill most likely write another review within the next ten days. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
may be the way I go further down the road then, wasn't looking forward to shelling out $1K plus to lower my car and level the gaps out, on eibach pro-kit now just thinking about a little lower with better performance and adjustability!

·
Registered
230 Posts
i have these coilovers as well they are decent. lots of adjustment you can slam your car with these but after 1 winter my left front coil sized and had to hammer it loose. after these blow i will be getting buddy club coilovers

·
Registered
1 Posts
megan coilovers sucks!!!!

on my 2012 honda civic si megan coilovers sports series sucks i have no problem on front but the rear is horrible it cant handle heavy load lke 2 adults in the back impact is loud on rough rd spring has balance issues when turning to uphill and starting banking there is a clunking noise i did all adjustments on it but no luck!! and the worst thing cannot be returned!! 899$ on ebay from tuner lounge BEWARE!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.