8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys

First I would like to apologize for my english :(

Second I would like to thank E-TUNEZ especially RULO for help with tune my car.
Without his knowledge and skils my car would not ride

I would like to thank Jeff Giovino from Go-Power Motorsport for help me select cams and for his huge help and for answering hundreds of my emails.

My mods before KSI cams and DYNO graph( dyno with belowe sutup.BLUE line with CAI RED line stock intake)
-CAI injen
-P2R TB spacer
-P2R IMG
-RRC intake manifold
-TODA 4-2-1 header
-TODA exhaust
-HONDATA

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After these mods I decided to buy cams. I did know witch one but threat about cams on 8th civic forum help me choose.
I ordered KSI cams TSX TB and RDX injectors

MY tuner installed these cams and rest of my parts. He told me that spend 3 houres on dyno and he coudnt tune my car with these cams. WHY? because these cams are pice of %$#@ etc. I was very desapointed and unhappy. I thought about sold these cams. I did know what to do.
I coudnt understand why these cams work in Rulo car or Teegs car??

I sent email to RULO with datalogs and my calibration. After few houres Rule sent me very huge email and wrote what is wrong. Wrong was everythink so we started tune my car from the beging.
Evey day evening I made datalogs. Rulo fight with my car and every day he sent me new calibrations. We tuned my car 2 weeks but I did all on the road.
RULO set my AFR, part throttle, he checked witch CAM angle are the best for me, we play few days with ignition.
After E-TUNEZ tune my car DYNO showed this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
This is before after cams.

As You can see on dyno my car is a lot stronger in mid range and in top end.
I can feel it on the street. I can NOT drive now with VSA ON because always light.

Now im very hapy and I can say that GO POWER KSI CAMS are great!!!
I feel the power everywhere. I love these cams!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
great purchase! and awesome set of mods btw :clapping: i'm hoping to get the same set of cams.. someday :sadbanana: lol.. You upgrade the valvetrain as well? if so, what set?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great purchase! and awesome set of mods btw :clapping: i'm hoping to get the same set of cams.. someday :sadbanana: lol.. You upgrade the valvetrain as well? if so, what set?
I forgot to write. I bought cams and valvetran from GO-POWER

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,940 Posts
Marcin, I'm very happy that you are satisfied with your tune, it was my pleasure working with you and we strive to provide the best quality service and the most informed tunez to our customers.

Passion. Dedication. Tunation.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
RuloSi + etunez.com FTW.

Great result from the cams, glad to see another K20 near the 250whp mark!

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,940 Posts
what's with the dip between 3000-4500 rpms??

other than that, it looks great.
I have the same on my setup, it looks as you increase/change the VE with these cams that dip is very pronounced on the low cam vtec profile. As you can see from my attached picture, there might be a dip, but is definitely no loss in overall power increase.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have the same on my setup, it looks as you increase/change the VE with these cams that dip is very pronounced on the low cam vtec profile. As you can see from my attached picture, there might be a dip, but is definitely no loss in overall power increase.
that dip is either vtec coming in too early or cam timing advancing too early. if the vtec crossover point is ok then try retarding the cam timing in that region. ramp it up later.

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,940 Posts
that dip is either vtec coming in too early or cam timing advancing too early. if the vtec crossover point is ok then try retarding the cam timing in that region. ramp it up later.
Thanks for the tips, we perform full cam angle tuning, for comparison, here are the runs on Vit's e-dyno:

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,940 Posts
what's the vtec set at? from the look of your cam timing graph, it seems like you're ramping it too early. the afr's look choppy too.
Ha ha, you tell me ;D. AFRs 12.9 - 13.1 on the stock wideband in 3rd gear with very minimal smoothing. Cam timing on the KSis are tricky, I think I've given you more than enough information on how to make some power on these... :shadyhat: Cheers!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Ha ha, you tell me ;D. AFRs 12.9 - 13.1 on the stock wideband in 3rd gear with very minimal smoothing. Cam timing on the KSis are tricky, I think I've given you more than enough information on how to make some power on these... :shadyhat: Cheers!
i need more info!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts