8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day i redlined pretty bad! and after it seemed fine i let it sit then drove it home the next morning i got up to go to work and i started the car and there was a real loud squilling noise like on the right side of the motor or the injectors and then i pushed the gas and it went away! but now when im driving i down shift and slowy let the clutch out you hear itlike a ticking noise i took it to the dealer they said nothihng was wrong and but they did say that the input shaft bearing went.....and when driving doesnt feel like it hits vtec hard or pulls hard? and i was close to my oil change so if say there wasnt alot oil what might i look for?? im going to pull the valve cover off sunday and look inside it anything i should look for??
thanks

·
Registered
923 Posts
if you pull off your valve cover doesnt it void your warranty... plus you gotta learn to type man, i can bearly understand you.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^would u like to to write it in french you understand that better?!?!
doesnt void nothing sense i have the type r cover and have had plenty work done at honda......
"redlined bad" the red dot came screaming at me and i heard like a backfire pop!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
^would u like to to write it in french you understand that better?!?!
doesnt void nothing sense i have the type r cover and have had plenty work done at honda......
"redlined bad" the red dot came screaming at me and i heard like a backfire pop!
If you didn't "over rev" the car should be fine.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yeah i hit off the limiter but honda said thats why my ISB went so im wondering if it did anything internal? i been reading other post and im not leaking oil and the car starts fine! so i dont know if the sound is in my head or if its really there! if i was to open the valve cover you think if its visible ill see something wrong!
thanks again for the input

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
pulling of teh vlave cover will do nothing. unless thers is MAJOR damage, you wont see anyhting "wrong", and if there was major damage, you woudl know right away.

id be willign to bet the squeel was maybe just your belt.
bouncing off the rev limiter is fine. ther eis a fuel cut to stop you from goign too high.
the ticking you hear is most likely your valvetrain...it is abnormally loud in the SI...but does seem to be normal. your being paranoid and jsut never took to notice how loud it was previous to this.

·
Registered
424 Posts
yeah i hit off the limiter but honda said thats why my ISB went so im wondering if it did anything internal? i been reading other post and im not leaking oil and the car starts fine! so i dont know if the sound is in my head or if its really there! if i was to open the valve cover you think if its visible ill see something wrong!
thanks again for the input
new to hondas i see? the k20z3 can safely rev to about 8500 rpm i believe. your stock ecu setting limits you at 8200 so unless you somehow mis-shifted into second at like 80mph then theres no way you damaged your motor.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i had another question when i down shift and let the clutch out slow you hear a ticking from i assume the motor! what does that sound like it could be?
just asking a couple questions while i have this thread open
thanks

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
new to hondas i see? the k20z3 can safely rev to about 8500 rpm i believe. your stock ecu setting limits you at 8200 so unless you somehow mis-shifted into second at like 80mph then theres no way you damaged your motor.
i did that :facepalm:and nao i have the tick :giggle: :shrug:

sir if u want to make sure ur valves are OK u can open the head and look or do what i do. take a wooden handle hammer. place the handle end on the top of the valve cover above the cylinder(remember there are 4 valves per cylinder).place ur ear on the head of the hammer and listen to the motor threw the hammer. if u here a faint sound its fine but its its loud or noisy then most likely u have a bad valve or something closely related. this can also be done with a stethoscope. the wood imo is better cus it only picks up the noise ur looking for. hope this helps.

but from what ur describing if u just bounced the limiter u should be fine. its a fuel cut to help save ur motor

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
:facepalm:

Can you remember if it went over 9K RPM?

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
i did id say 10,500

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Could it be just the timing belt that is causing the squeeling? If it goes away then it might be the belt.

But bouncing off the limiter is ok, just try never to do it.

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Could it be just the timing belt that is causing the squeeling? If it goes away then it might be the belt.

But bouncing off the limiter is ok, just try never to do it.
umm we have a chain

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
So the other day i redlined pretty bad! and after it seemed fine i let it sit then drove it home the next morning i got up to go to work and i started the car and there was a real loud squilling noise like on the right side of the motor or the injectors and then i pushed the gas and it went away! but now when im driving i down shift and slowy let the clutch out you hear itlike a ticking noise i took it to the dealer they said nothihng was wrong and but they did say that the input shaft bearing went.....and when driving doesnt feel like it hits vtec hard or pulls hard? and i was close to my oil change so if say there wasnt alot oil what might i look for?? im going to pull the valve cover off sunday and look inside it anything i should look for??
thanks

does irt seam like its taking longer to rev.

oi! forgot.

no problem :thumb:

·
Registered
25,210 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I miss shifted twice, first time was a year ago, and did it again recently, went from 3rd to 2nd. So far nothing bad, car runs fine, no odd noises, though I'm pretty sure valves could be damaged...don't really care since I'm rebuilding the engine to go boost this winter.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts