8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, maybe some might answer this but, what is the reason behind this? why it is a 5500 and not 4500 ? i also been trying to fing the sweet spot (the perfect launching rpm) and i been thinkin that this rev limiter is a good thing because it still works if you have the car in 1st with the clutch down and the car takes off like a bat out of hell no more hoping like my ep3 was really pron to do... also is there any special way to get the tires to do a burnout like in the tov vids i been trying but it just barks and goes...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
i did a burnout and it left double marks for like 30 ft and i couldve kept going.... its all on what surface you are doing it on, mine was on black top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
06_civic_si_gi said:
Well, maybe some might answer this but, what is the reason behind this? why it is a 5500 and not 4500 ? i also been trying to fing the sweet spot (the perfect launching rpm) and i been thinkin that this rev limiter is a good thing because it still works if you have the car in 1st with the clutch down and the car takes off like a bat out of hell no more hoping like my ep3 was really pron to do... also is there any special way to get the tires to do a burnout like in the tov vids i been trying but it just barks and goes...
I think the rev limit is 7800 or so . :driving:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ummm, well, you guys aren't understanding it redlines a 8000 rpms but it has a rev limiter at 5500 where it doesn't let you go pass that rpm in neutal (does that help?) and also when you hold down the clutch in 1st ( ok picture this you are lining up for a race in say a 03 si and you use your foot to hold the revs at 3000 to launch it ok now pitcure this in the new si you line up for a race and you have the gas pedal full thottle and the car doesn't let the revs pass 5500 then when you let go of the clutch all you have to do is keep you foot all the way down and get ready to shift) are you understanding? if not i will try to make a vid or something else...( sorry if this message may sound mean or rude i am not trying to be)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
06_civic_si_gi said:
ummm, well, you guys aren't understanding it redlines a 8000 rpms but it has a rev limiter at 5500 where it doesn't let you go pass that rpm in neutal (does that help?) and also when you hold down the clutch in 1st ( ok picture this you are lining up for a race in say a 03 si and you use your foot to hold the revs at 3000 to launch it ok now pitcure this in the new si you line up for a race and you have the gas pedal full thottle and the car doesn't let the revs pass 5500 then when you let go of the clutch all you have to do is keep you foot all the way down and get ready to shift) are you understanding? if not i will try to make a vid or something else...( sorry if this message may sound mean or rude i am not trying to be)
I see what you're saying now :cool: I talked to Hondata 2/9 and was told
they are working on the 06 Si now. No eta though .
Hopefullly they will raise nuetral rev limit . :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
I don't get why you would want such a high rev in neutral if you aren't getting anywhere.
A few k is enough to show off to your friends.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,580 Posts
aznkukuboi said:
I don't get why you would want such a high rev in neutral if you aren't getting anywhere.
A few k is enough to show off to your friends.
actually if your trying to get the best time out of your car then its best to launch it in its power band which in hondas is around that rpm.

and with proper feathering of the gas pedal it can do no more damage than it would if you launched at 3k.

whoops, sorry for the bump i didnt realize how old this was :eek:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top