8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Speedhunters.com said:
With all the buzz about the upcoming Subaru/Toyota FR sports coupe, there hasn't been much talk about oft-rumored revival of the Nissan Silvia. The Silvia is basically the Ford Mustang of Japan, so naturally, the Japanese auto media is in a frenzy anticipating its return.

According to an article published recently on 7tune.com, the new car is likely to be of similar size to the old S15 model and should be offered with both naturally aspirated and turbocharged four cylinder engines. Power is estimated to range between 150 and 225hp depending on engine choice. As expected, the Silvia's pricing should put it in direct competition with Toyota/Subaru coupe.

Though Nissan has not offically announced any details for this car, top execs have hinted at the car's return in the past, and rumor has it they are speeding up development in response to the Subaru/Toyota car. I think with skyrocketing gas prices the market is ripe for lightweight, four cylinder sports cars like this. Infiniti recently announced they will building a competitor to the entry level BMW 1-series, and I thought that car might be the same or similar to the new Silvia, but details are still sketchy. I have also heard rumors that the 1-series fighter will be more of a crossover type vehicle, so I guess we will have to see what happens.

You can check the 7Tune article for more info on the possible new Silvia.

Now a question for you guys. If this car does make it into production, would you choose it over the Subaru/Toyota offering?
NEW CARS>>RETURN OF THE SILVIA? - Speedhunters

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
i'd get this thats because i miss my 240sx =*( as for that front grille i'd have to change taht right away...

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
i think it looks good but it sure would be nice to have that subbie engine, i dont see any sentra in this though the back looks like the altima and the headlights look like the ones on a g35

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
should've just mildly changed the looks of the S15

·
Registered
53 Posts
The outer halves of the tailights are straight off the Altima...those headlights look like the G's...and the entire package almost feels BMW 3 coupe'ish. I don't know, I find that all these reincarnations of these Japanese manufacturers' icons all feel so "Westernized". The Silvia's never felt like this, S15 FTMFW

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How come everyone thinks this will look anything like the actual car? The news is that there will be a new Silvia, the looks are yet to be known.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Update: Nissan's Next Gen Silvia

From 7tune
2010 Nissan FR Sports Coupe | 7tune.com - JDM lifestyle | jdm magazine | Rumors from Japan

Yet another image has been leaked from Nissan’s GT 2012 meeting held in May, this time it’s a side view of the upcoming FR sports coupe due to go on sale in 2010. The image reveals just enough to give a good idea of what the final shape will be and going by similar images of the next generation Z12 Cube and Z34 Fairlady Z (370Z) which were also revealed at the meeting, Nissan isn’t going to let the new FR coupe loose without its own unique identity. Another interesting feature is the small third “quarter window” and the pronounced rear blister fender.

Mechanical specifications have changed slightly for the better since we last reported on the FR sports coupe, it’s still rumored to have a 2000cc inline 4 cylinder engine using Nissan’s VCR (Variable Compression Ratio) technology only this time it’s almost certain it will be turbocharged. It’s also possible the 2.0L engine will make use of a VVEL system similar to what is used in the VQ37VHR engine found in the V36 Nissan Skyline coupe. Power is still rumored to be 225ps with 35.0kg/m of torque to move the 1200kg coupe around.

The FR sports coupe will position itself at the bottom of Nissan’s performance car tree being the cheapest in price but will offer a more sports orientated driving experience compared to the more expensive V36 Skyline Coupe. Once the new entry level FR sports coupe is released it will emphasize Nissan’s performance car range as one which is well defined and offers plenty of choice, which is in complete contrast to earlier on in the decade.

Nissan’s 2.0L FR sports coupe is still expected to sell at around 2,500,000 yen.
Wow, this is so going to be my next car. These are still rumors for the most part, but look promising.

Priced at 23,500ish
222hp @ 6000 rpm
245ish lb/tq @ 2500-4000
2650lbs

--Korea

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i didnt hear about a new silvia commin out but nissan is making a 2dr ser altima turbo charged
which i believe will help nissan out with their sales

1 - 20 of 31 Posts