8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking to a few people and they said that the best "legal" way of installing HIDS is to retrofit them. I dont know too much about this and am still reading up, but it has someting to do with projectors so you can control where the light is going. And it supposedly had a longer range (plus us can get angel eyes :love: )

Some reputable person told me if i buy all the parts he will do it for 150 dollars (labor). Im still reading up on this like i said and want to be sure everything is legal and can be installed by somone at a shop (since i know jack ish about these things)

:driving:

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
basically you'd buy a set of lenses to fit the civic (angel eyes or whatever when they come out). Then you are basically altering them from standard lights to make them HID lights (retrofit). Unless you really like the angel eyes, you might as well just put the HIDs in your current lights.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like angel eyes..... plus some HID kits are just the bulbs.... but this one is a projector or something...

still really confused.... i just really like the thought of having angel eyes =P

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
with angel eyes- you get the WHOLE light assembly. Meaning you rip your stock lights completely out - clear area, bulbs, ballast, etc. Then you have a whole light assembly to put back in = angel eyes.

HIDs are a kit that go inside your stock lights on your car now.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
g'dammit why cant freaking honda just come standard with HIDS..... so stupid

Everything you do with lights is illegal.... im very pissed at this

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i didn't do a retrofit... xenondepot sells a kit that plugs into any stock harness and just 'works'... i love it!

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
well i'm sure they'll be out in a year or so..heh

or just find the ring part and somehow fit it in, if its possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts