8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys... noobie on retrofiting...

been reading threads bout retrofiting and ive decided to go with the tsx preojectors and mdx shrouds as my setup. but i have no idea where to get the shrouds from... even looked at customlightz.com adn the retrofitsource.com...

any1 could help me where to find some??? thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
the older style MDX shrouds are hard to come by now. I have seen a few sets on ebay selling for 50-70 bucks which is outrageously priced in my opinion.

Next best thing is to get Type K shrouds, since these are similar to MDX shrouds.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Why go with TSX? If you are going to do a traditional retrofit, I would suggest you want two months and get the S2K-R. Or for first timer, I highly recommended the mini H1 projectors for it's easy installation.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Why go with TSX? If you are going to do a traditional retrofit, I would suggest you want two months and get the S2K-R. Or for first timer, I highly recommended the mini H1 projectors for it's easy installation.
^two months, how sure are you of that?
I would have to agree with StupidPig...but I heard there is yet another delay in the production of these things. Release date was suppose to be end of May, with pre-orders starting beginning of May, but now...I heard the wait is till the end of summer...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the older style MDX shrouds are hard to come by now. I have seen a few sets on ebay selling for 50-70 bucks which is outrageously priced in my opinion.

Next best thing is to get Type K shrouds, since these are similar to MDX shrouds.
is going to be a direct fit for the tsx projectors???

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
I would have to agree with StupidPig...but I heard there is yet another delay in the production of these things. Release date was suppose to be end of May, with pre-orders starting beginning of May, but now...I heard the wait is till the end of summer...
yeah it keeps on getting pushed back... i think matt hasnt gotten the latest prototype yet
look at the lexus rx330 projectors with tsx clear lenses. much cheaper and has super color to the cutoff.
yeah its cheaper and performs just as good as tsx's... when u put the tsx-r lens, it gives u a nice colorful cutoff

is going to be a direct fit for the tsx projectors???
no shroud is a direct fit... u cant just put it on and it clips right on or bolts on.. u have to "glue" it into place.. most shrouds are meant to go over 2.5-3" projectors..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah it keeps on getting pushed back... i think matt hasnt gotten the latest prototype yet
yeah its cheaper and performs just as good as tsx's... when u put the tsx-r lens, it gives u a nice colorful cutoff

no shroud is a direct fit... u cant just put it on and it clips right on or bolts on.. u have to "glue" it into place.. most shrouds are meant to go over 2.5-3" projectors..
oh ok... thanks joon joon.. and thanks to ol those who replied... these infos are really goin to help me... :wavey:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts