8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my retro i am using a set of tsx projectors and s2k shrouds.
My questions are, what would be best to use for a shroud extension? I'm painting the housing black as well as the extension.

Also what is the most recommended way to mount the s2k shroud? would you recomend glueing it?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
i didint use and extension and you cant even tell . but i didi mini h1 projectors.
once the housing and reflector are painted black you cant tell. especially when the lens goes back on.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I find it always looks neater with a shroud extension. The first retro I ever did I left everything chrome and used aluminum tape to cover the part beyond the shroud up. From a distance it looked completely OEM but you can tell it wasn't perfect when you got up close.

If you paint black and don't cover up the rear of the projector, from a distance you can't tell and while it is harder to tell there is something missing from looking at it closely, it certainly is visible.

If you are a perfectionist, you'll want everything to be covered up and look as though it came from factory that way so it's better to spend the money and buy a shroud extension..or get creative and find another way to cover everything up.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it looks much cleaner with an extension especially where i am using the s2k shroud and it is so small, i feel a shroud extension is a must. Its just a matter of figuring out what to use, I've been told that a lamp shade painted black works and i've also been told aluminum flashing is great to. Just looking for some more ideas on what others have used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts