1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, and thank you.

The structure of this tread is as follows:
1. Prices on part, labor and services.
2. Options as far as paint schemes, color/washer mods, choice of projectors, etc.
3. FAQs i.e. shipping methods, aiming, installation, etc.

A portion of the sale will be donated to this site; thus, inform me that you are a member on this forum, and that you heard about us from this site, and the correct amount will be contributed to this great community/forum.

Prices on part, labor and services

Labor cost for FG and FA is $300, and consists of the actual retrofit of a projector i.e. taking the headlight apart, cutting the reflector, mounting projectors, sealing the headlights together, use of Nissan OEM headlight sealant, and if requested paint, removal and/or replacement of amber inserts.

* The paint and paint job is part of the labor cost, but the paint is as follows low and high gloss black, gun metal and silver. We also carry OEM car paints such as RR, NHB and Fuji Blue in stock, but that's an additional $35.

It's 50% or $150, to retrofit a set of projectors in the highbeam area i.e dual or quad setup. [http://www.customlightz.com/gallery/quad_fx35_tsx.wmv

The cost for projector turn signals is $135, and includes the cost of projectors, shrouds and the labor to retrofit the projectors. With this setup you retain the OEM bulb; thus the replacement of an old bulb is as easy as before.

Following are five examples:
www.customlightz.com
www.customlightz.com
www.customlightz.com
www.customlightz.com
www.customlightz.com

Shrouds; The piece covering/surrounding the projector. (Average cost: $75/pair)

There are many different shrouds available, but due to the unorthodox shape of the FG and FA headlights, not all shrouds will work.
Our three piece custom shrouds, and three piece custom shrods with chrome trim has been proven to work. The same goes with the S2000 and MDX shrouds. We were also given the ACE HARDWARE store shroud, and that works well with our shroud extension as well. The has to be more alternatives out there, and we just haven't had the chance to explore them. There are other alternatives that we have tried and seen that work, but doesn't look appealing, and thus, we don't offer those.

* I will post pictures of these shrouds shortly.

Shroud extension is sometimes needed to ensure a clean installation and cost $60 for a pair of shrouds. ($30/per shroud)

Wire Harness is $50 for both a single and bixenon setup. And $100 for a quad setup.

Color/Washer/Lens Modification is needed to enhance the cutoff and/or adding color to the cutoff.

A washer mod for the TSX or the S2000 projectors is $30/pair.
Lens Modding a FX35 with TSX freshnel Lens is $75 for parts and labor, while a lens mod for a FX35 with a clear TSX lens is $75 for labor, and $200 for parts and labor.

Videos of OEM, and modified FX35 bixenon projectors.
OEM - http://www.customlightz.com/gallery/oem_fx35.wmv
TSX w/ Freshnel Lens - Coming Soon
TSX w/ Clear Lens (Blue w/ Rainbow) - http://www.customlightz.com/gallery/fx35_tsxlens.wmv
TSX w/ Clear Lens (Blue and Purple) - http://www.customlightz.com/gallery/fx35_tsxlens_blue.wmv

Accessory Lighting: CCFL and Angel Eyes
Red CCFL is $50/pair, and Blue CCFL is $75/pair

Angel Eyes (FG only); $150 for both sides.

Return Shipping: [Currently a flat fee but may be broken down to regions, weight and size of package]
$25 for the lower states, and $50 for Canadian customers.

·
Registered
235 Posts
hhhhmmmmmmm I'm just wonder how you are doing this. The Infiniti fx35 headlights at dealer cost are $700 for the set. How are you getting the sets and installing them for $300??

I hope you are not using the recalled headlights

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blueice1984 said:
hhhhmmmmmmm I'm just wonder how you are doing this. The Infiniti fx35 headlights at dealer cost are $700 for the set. How are you getting the sets and installing them for $300??

I hope you are not using the recalled headlights

The serivce we provide is called HID Projector Retrofitting meaning retrofitting a projector; not the headlight. I am not trying to fit a FX35 headlight into a Civic, but the projector.

$300 is for the labor, and does not include the projectors. BTW, the FX35 projectors go for about $75 - $100 shipped now days, and the price is so low due to the recall, which is due to water leaking headlights, which isn't a problem for people wanting retrofits, because the projectors are flawless.

I think you are getting confused with aftermarkert HID kits, which we are opposed to, since we work with OEM parts and OEM quality.

I appreciate your question, but next time read a little more carefully.

·
You'll only die tired
4,296 Posts
If I ship you my lights how long of a turn around am I looking at and how hard is it to aim the lights myself? Interested in TSX Projector w/ washer mod, and MDX Shrouds. Thanks

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Redleg06Si said:
If I ship you my lights how long of a turn around am I looking at and how hard is it to aim the lights myself? Interested in TSX Projector w/ washer mod, and MDX Shrouds. Thanks

Hi.

I will add your question to the above thread when I get some extra time, but in the meanwhile, it's safe to say up to a week, and assuming we got all the parts in front of us. But we have done as many as 4 sets of headlights in a day, so we could do it while you are waiting if it came down to it.

Aiming the headlights is just as easy as before. The OEM adjustment screw is intact, and you would raise the beam by turning the 8mm bolt for the coupe, and 10mm bolt for the sedan clockwise, and turn it couter clockwise to drop the beam. [We have an installation guide on our webpage, but here's a direct link ---- http://www.customlightz.com/?p=p_48&sName=8th-generation-honda-civics-[2006-]]

Hope this helps

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Bjorn, let me start by saying I have always been a fan of your work.:thumb:

I finally was able to see the Quad Projector setup video. For some reason it wasn't working for me in Firefox, but worked in Internet Explorer. Figured I'd let you know, I don't know if it was just a problem for me or if it is a conflict with Firefox.

Anyways I have been interested in doing a retro (whether I have you do it or do it myself) on my FG since before I even got the car. And I have always wondered how a retro'd projector would look in between the amber signals in the High beam portion of the FG headlights and now I finally know.

I was wondering what you thought about retrofitting a single projector such as the TSX or possibly S2K projector into that location and leaving the Low beam portion of the headlight untouched. I'm not exactly sure how it might look aesthetically but from a performance and output stand point would there be any downsides to doing this?

BTW, I live in Central Jersey. If I ever decided I was ready to pull the trigger on having you do a retro on my FG, would there be any chance of coming to your location and having you do it in a day? If so, any up charge?

Only reason I ask is because my FG is my only car and is my daily driver and only means of transportation.

Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey what's up. What's your name bro? Thanks for the compliament.

Retrofitting a set of projector in the highbeam while keeping the lowbeams untouched wouldn't look to good, and wouldn't be as practical; unless you want the lowbeams to work as highbeams and vice versa. With the money invested into ballasts, etc, you want to use it as often as possible.

If you want a projector in the highbeam portion without the cost, I would suggest that we place a halogen projector in there, which looks like a quad setup, but only gets activated when you turn on the highbeams, and would glow nicely with the DRL.

I'm not sure about the video situation. I think it's another microsoft vs firefox thing.

We have another location in Long Island, NY. It would make more sense for you to come there. However, we aren't there all the times, but about once or so a month, and thus, would have to be planned in advance. The same prices remains with an addition of $100. We can certaintly do a retorfit in a day.

Thank you
Bjorn

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
-Bionic- said:
Hey what's up. What's your name bro? Thanks for the compliament.

Retrofitting a set of projector in the highbeam while keeping the lowbeams untouched wouldn't look to good, and wouldn't be as practical; unless you want the lowbeams to work as highbeams and vice versa. With the money invested into ballasts, etc, you want to use it as often as possible.

If you want a projector in the highbeam portion without the cost, I would suggest that we place a halogen projector in there, which looks like a quad setup, but only gets activated when you turn on the highbeams, and would glow nicely with the DRL.

I'm not sure about the video situation. I think it's another microsoft vs firefox thing.

We have another location in Long Island, NY. It would make more sense for you to come there. However, we aren't there all the times, but about once or so a month, and thus, would have to be planned in advance. The same prices remains with an addition of $100. We can certaintly do a retorfit in a day.

Thank you
Bjorn
My name is Dave, thanks for the reply and your input man I appreciate it.

It was just a thought and I really like how the amber pieces of the headlight wrap around the projector, its almost as if there was one meant to be there, haha.

I completely understand what your saying about it not being so practical and all. As much as I like the clean OEM look of a TSX or S2K retro with a MDX or S2K shroud, I have been trying to think of a somewhat unique approach to take with my headlights, while still trying to keep it low key.

I'll have to think of some more ideas and keep saving some money to do a retro within the next few months. I just have a few other things higher up on my list of priorities right now, but in the mean time I'll continue to do my research here on 8th, HT, and HIDplanet.

Thanks again, and oh yeah Btw I left you a message on the HID retrofit club thread on HT. Don't ask me why I didn':pat: t just include it in this post

·
Registered
235 Posts
-Bionic- said:
The serivce we provide is called HID Projector Retrofitting meaning retrofitting a projector; not the headlight. I am not trying to fit a FX35 headlight into a Civic, but the projector.

$300 is for the labor, and does not include the projectors. BTW, the FX35 projectors go for about $75 - $100 shipped now days, and the price is so low due to the recall, which is due to water leaking headlights, which isn't a problem for people wanting retrofits, because the projectors are flawless.

I think you are getting confused with aftermarkert HID kits, which we are opposed to, since we work with OEM parts and OEM quality.

I appreciate your question, but next time read a little more carefully.

Well I read very carefully. so fist off let me say that you can not buy the projectors seperatly. They are a part of the whole headlight assembly.
I have contacted nissan or north america and they even confirmed that no one can get the projectors only.
so you guys are either not using oem fx35 projectors or you are using the recalled ones.

please read carefully.

Subject: 2003 – 2006 FX35/45 Voluntary Recall Campaign Headlamps and
Rear Combination Lamps – Update #3

To: Dealer Principal, Executive Manager, Sales, Service and Parts Managers

***** Scrapping of FX Recall Campaign Headlamps and Tail Lamps *****

Recently, two Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) were released announcing a campaign
to replace non-compliant headlamps and tail lamps on the FX35/45.

The procedural information in TSB ITB06-026 and ITB06-027 instructs dealers to
immediately render the non-compliant lamps unusable by drilling. Once this procedure
has been completed, there is a three day Warranty parts hold in effect before dealers
are allowed to scrap the non-compliant lamps. After this three day period, the
headlamps and tail lamps should be scrapped. The Xenon bulbs from the headlamps
should be removed from the headlamps and disposed of in accordance to local and
state regulations.

Under no circumstances should the non-compliant bulbs or lamps be re-used or sold
for the purpose of installation on any vehicle.

We have been made aware that some of the non-compliant parts removed to
accomplish these campaigns have appeared for sale on eBay. Dealers are advised
again that these headlamps are not in compliance with applicable Federal Safety
Regulations, that this type of activity is contrary to Infiniti policy, and exposes your
dealership to potential civil liability and Federal enforcement action.

We trust that you understand our position on this matter and look forward to your
continued cooperation.

Infiniti Parts & Service Operations
02/02/2007

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess we are getting the recalled ones; based on your two options.

Listen, no car company are selling their projectors seperately, not even the projector manufacturers i.e. Stanley. How do I know, I tried to get Stanley to make some for us.

So, how do we and everyone else get hold of the projectors? They are taken out of the headlights i.e broken headlights from car accidents, or headlights that are defective with water condensation i.e. tsx and fx35 [most of the times]

I have not personally taken the FX35 out of the headlights, but the vendors who sell them to us either work at a dealership or a junkyard. Beat's me.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is nothing noob-ish about that. The labor cost is the same, but total cost is significant, since you don't need bulbs, ballasts and wire harness. Plus halogen projectors are way cheaper than HID projectors.

I would consider retrofitting halogen projectors in the highbeam with hids in the lowbeam, or two halogen projectors per headlight, or simply one set of halogens in the lowbeam. I am not sure if it would improve lighting that much. It wouldn't reduce it, and it sure looks better.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
I'm pretty sure it would be better than my HID PnP kit in my halogen OEM housing. For example, I am totally jealous of my gf's Maz3 where the light output is better than my own.

Can you pm me a price? Note this would all still be for the next year. I would need to borrow another set of lights too etc before I send mine out.

This is for Low beam 9006 retro, but not the DRL's. Same as the other Retro.

·
Registered
80 Posts
-Bionic- said:
There is nothing noob-ish about that. The labor cost is the same, but total cost is significant, since you don't need bulbs, ballasts and wire harness. Plus halogen projectors are way cheaper than HID projectors.

I would consider retrofitting halogen projectors in the highbeam with hids in the lowbeam, or two halogen projectors per headlight, or simply one set of halogens in the lowbeam. I am not sure if it would improve lighting that much. It wouldn't reduce it, and it sure looks better.

Im already sent 2 email and NO answer!!! Whats going on? This is the kind of service that im gone a have? :(

I sent to this email --------> [email protected]

·
Premium Member
27,973 Posts
wing_gundam said:
I'm pretty sure it would be better than my HID PnP kit in my halogen OEM housing. For example, I am totally jealous of my gf's Maz3 where the light output is better than my own.

Can you pm me a price? Note this would all still be for the next year. I would need to borrow another set of lights too etc before I send mine out.

This is for Low beam 9006 retro, but not the DRL's. Same as the other Retro.
I wouldn't recommend what you're trying to do here wing. Even though you're on the right track, why not spend a few hundred more (maybe it is twice as much) for MUCH better light output?

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
JeShUa said:
I wouldn't recommend what you're trying to do here wing. Even though you're on the right track, why not spend a few hundred more (maybe it is twice as much) for MUCH better light output?
I'm looking at both options. It's not so much of a money thing in the end, but I do know that the halogen projectors do provide a lot more light than my setup, and it is cost effective. I also do have to pass it by my gf on price etc. and she thinks I'm completely nuts with any car mod. :sadwavy: I know I would perfer the HID option, so that's why I'm also waiting until next year to get more info and think about it.

But thanks for the heads up.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts