8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 FA5 Si, that i've put more than 41K miles on it since I've gotten it. I've decided that i want to started making this a more AutoX/Road Course car. So I want put it to rest as my DD. I'm trying to find a decent midsized 4DR sedan to replace it as DD. I don't want to spend more that $4K on it, and it not be a little S#%* box. It needs to be decent on gas, and reliable. I was thinking to stay in the family a 96+ Civic EX or Accord EX. I also like the 69+ Nissan Maxima SE's. I wanted to get opinions on these cars and other options i may be over looking.

·
Registered
612 Posts
go for one of those older Civic's that has all-wheel drive. You can probably get one for ~$1000 and they are solid as ****.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Wait.. 69 Maxima? Datsun 510?! If that's what you meant then it definitely gets my vote.

I <3 nickel-dimes

Otherwise I'd probably look for something like a 92 Accord or something.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For most drivers that may be true, but the civic also has a lot of potential as a track/autoX car. After watch a CTR stock and tuned beat both a stock an tuned S2K. I decided that i wanted a more aggressive setup for this car. Stiffened chassis, coilovers, etc, are not the most comfortable setup to drive daily up and down the freeway. Or back and forth with my kids.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
For most drivers that may be true, but the civic also has a lot of potential as a track/autoX car. After watch a CTR stock and tuned beat both a stock an tuned S2K. I decided that i wanted a more aggressive setup for this car. Stiffened chassis, coilovers, etc, are not the most comfortable setup to drive daily up and down the freeway. Or back and forth with my kids.
I'm planning on tracking my civic around next year. It's still gonna be my DD.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
si can b moded as a track car takes a decent sum of money but yeaa..
go for an older civic. civic 03 , parents have one, great on gas, nooo power, decent in snow with snow tires.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm planning on tracking my civic around next year. It's still gonna be my DD.
I currently drive my Si about 20K+ miles a year. At this rate it will be worn out in no time. Especially once i go with some more aggressive mods. I take it easy on my drive to and from work, so i want some comfortable for back and forth the work.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
si can b moded as a track car takes a decent sum of money but yeaa..
go for an older civic. civic 03 , parents have one, great on gas, nooo power, decent in snow with snow tires.
That was my first choice but i wanted something a little bigger. Thats why i was looking at the maxima, accord & Camry. But the civic is always the reliable fallback plan.

·
Registered
406 Posts
How about doing the reverse, buying an older civic for the track and keeping the nice newer car as your everyday? I guess you have thought about it.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
:yeahthat: If I were in your shoes, I'd try to put my hands on a 94-95 Accord. You can get one for waaaaaaay under 4K, and you could use the rest of that budget to get everything in order on the car, or even put another engine in it.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
112,534 Posts
You should get a 1990 Accord. those things are built Ford Tough. I had one with over 130k miles. Im not sure exactly how many cause the odometer was broken. I drove it like that for over 2 years and never gave me a problem. Parts are cheap and you can do it yourself.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts