8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
There's one of those here in town, mint as hell. Pretty sure it's swapped (LS1?) but I'm not sure. Those cars are pure sex when they're in mint condition. I'd rock one all day if I could afford it...

My buddy has a '79 280Z. Chevy powered now, though :) The rear bumper hits the pavement when he launches it, lol...(and the tires attempt to form a triangle in the rear, as well lol)

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
I love that Z, I miss my dads, he had a 280ZX but the problem with Zs are they are so rust prone..the floor boards were completely rotted away, but the interior and engine ran like a champ, but he let it go years ago.

Then I got a 300ZX it was a 86 but it had engine problems with 130k miles on it. I plan to buy another Z newer or older for sure..deff one of my fav cars of all time.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
people always get classic muscle cars when they wanna settle down and have project at home....but i think i would get a classic import like this....the styling just looks sooooo much more ahead of its time when u compare it to other cars of the same era

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
people always get classic muscle cars when they wanna settle down and have project at home....but i think i would get a classic import like this....the styling just looks sooooo much more ahead of its time when u compare it to other cars of the same era
Yup agree, the 90s 300ZX still looks like a newer car

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
That looks really nice. Looks like it has an RB motor in it from looking at one of the pics. I'm wondering what rear tailights those are.

Equally as good...the 240ZG

I love the longer nose version with those flares that they only sold in Japan

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
What a sweet car! Not a perfectly original restoration but still an awesome job. I have always love the 240Zs and the old Datsun 510s. Had two of the 510s back in the day. Both cars looked great with bubble flares like that.

·
Registered
478 Posts
That looks really nice. Looks like it has an RB motor in it from looking at one of the pics. I'm wondering what rear tailights those are.

Equally as good...the 240ZG

I love the longer nose version with those flares that they only sold in Japan
You sir are correct - the ZG = teh sex. This is a really good restoration but the tail lights kill it. Why would you go through all the trouble of getting the mirrors - the flares - the wantabe's and then cheese out on the tail lights? I can live with the RB, at least he didn't ruin it with a V8 swap.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts