8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i remember when i got my bseries before when ever i got some new bolt ons i reset my ecu by taking the fuse out or taking out the battery line for like 5 minutes,, now i just installed intake and exhaust , does reseting ur ecu still gives u more power or still adviceble for k series , cause it's a new technology i dunno if it adjust itself , anyway thanks for ur respond

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Yes disconnect the ground side of battery for about 5-10 minutes then reinstall and let the car idle for about 10 minutes then enjoy......

·
Registered
559 Posts
hondaonchrome said:
Yes disconnect the ground side of battery for about 5-10 minutes then reinstall and let the car idle for about 10 minutes then enjoy......

Where you can find this information. I've looking for it for ever and i havent found it anywhere. If you do know could you provide the reference.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
its somewhere in the forums already. just gotta look. im not sure where it is but i have seen it lately

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Just take out the ground on the battery, turn on the headlights and pump the brakes. Put back the connecter to the battery, let it idle then you're done.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Mookie469 said:
Where you can find this information. I've looking for it for ever and i havent found it anywhere. If you do know could you provide the reference.
It's all over the forums. You can also pull the fuse for the ECU and it'll reset that way as well.

Yes, I'd do it after every modification. Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for 15 minutes. Let it idle for 15-30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Yodums said:
It's all over the forums. You can also pull the fuse for the ECU and it'll reset that way as well.

Yes, I'd do it after every modification. Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for 15 minutes. Let it idle for 15-30 minutes.
2 fan cycles is wat i wait for and it takes about 30 min at idle in my garage.(and yes i leave the garage door open)
oh where is the ECU fuse i thought we did not have them like the previous years.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
1stk20z3 said:
2 fan cycles is wat i wait for and it takes about 30 min at idle in my garage.(and yes i leave the garage door open)
oh where is the ECU fuse i thought we did not have them like the previous years.
I don't believe there is a direct fuse for it. This is what I came across a week or so ago. There are three alternative methods for the idle learn procedure and 2/3 don't involve disconnecting the battery:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29800

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Yodums said:
I love you too. Enjoy your third bar. LOL.
:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: u are now my favorite mod. but my bad:eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Well, I tried this last night... to see if I can alleviate my poor MPG woes.

We bought my wife's Si from new, babied it through break in and now she gets a very respectabe 32 mpg.

I bought my Si preowned, only 3 months old, but I consistently get 20-21 mpg.

We both drive very similarly, both conservatively and on full VTEC... and I can't believe I get so much worse gas mileage.
So I tried this last night... reset the ECU, let it idle through a couple of fan cycles and have conservatively driven to work this morning.

I filled up last night too... so we'll see how this affects my MPG on this tank of gas.

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Well so far it seems to be sucking...

2 'nuggets' gone and only 46 miles... that ain't cool.

Have to see how the rest of the tank levels out.

My wife got 380 out of her last tank of gas.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i bet she drives better than you. i get about 20 something per nugget after the first nuggets gone. nugget <---- u crack me up

·
Registered
981 Posts
Admittedly our journeys are slightly different in the mornings, but that shouldn't account for 130 mile difference on what we can get on a tank of gas.

Currently at 70 miles with 3 'nuggets' gone...

·
Registered
981 Posts
Alright, I had to fill up tonight, and finally got 283 miles out of the tank after resetting the ECU. That included slow driving, VTEC driving and driving with AC off and with AC on.

That is better than the 254 I got on the last tank and is only 17 miles less than the best I have EVER scored out of a tank of gas which was 300 miles exactly.

Let's see if the MPG increases with this tank of gas too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts