8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a little in advance, but after this meet is there anyway to hold a weekend for next year so that other car club/groups don't take up the great highway as well? Or are we planning to go somewhere else?

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
KingMarineM16a4 said:
I know this is a little in advance, but after this meet is there anyway to hold a weekend for next year so that other car club/groups don't take up the great highway as well? Or are we planning to go somewhere else?
There's really no way to control what other car groups do. We are pretty much the only ones staying at Tapoco Lodge but Fontana Village is large enough to probably host a couple of groups. Microtel could possibly host a group, too. There are times we would definitely want to avoid like when the Miatas or Minis are there. Those meets are huge.

Personally, I don't know of anywhere else that draws cycle and sports car enthusiasts like the Dragon does. There are other great roads around I'm sure, but obviously there is something that separates it from the rest...like 318 curves in 11 miles (somebody needs to count them). Hopefully, the THP will lay off and it will remain a great attraction.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I don't have anything to do with planning any other meets. This meet is not meant to be the "Southern" or "Eastern" meet. It's meant to be the meet where people from all over come to enjoy their cars and meet new people. It will continue regardless of what anyone else does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts