8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
bro, buy me a beer and ill install it for you. dont pay someone to do that. take part in the evolution of your car. i used to feel that it was best to pay someone to do it but honestly, tuner shops are for ecu programming. my .02

sri or cai ??? btw good question, as i am new here myself and would like a good tuner shop to reference as well.

+rep

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
almost forgot, if you go with an intake and money isnt the primary concern do yourself a favor and go with an injen intake. AEM intakes will probably throw the occasional CEL which is a hassle. trust me. also, i wouldnt really recomend a cai as the gains arent that substantial.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offer!

I would love to work on my own car, but I'll admit that I am not smart enough to keep myself from making a mistake that would damage my car.

Is there more to an upgraded intake than bolting it on? Are there changes to the ECU that need to be made to account for the increased airflow?

What is the difference between sri and cai? I also assume that CEL stands for Check Engine Light. Sorry...a little behind on all of the lingo.

Does Mugen also make an intake for the 2008 Mugen Si?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
You pretty much got it. No changes needed to the ECU by bolting on an intake. And yes they are just bolt on products, no welding or anything needed like that. Also, the CEL does stand for Check Engin Light.

The SRI is a short ram intake which pulls in air from within the engin bay, the CAI is a cold air intake which pulls in air from outside the engin bay but also can pull in water since it is somewhat exposed to the outside weather which could cause hydrolocking your engin, very bad. Hope that helps
I would love to work on my own car, but I'll admit that I am not smart enough to keep myself from making a mistake that would damage my car.

Is there more to an upgraded intake than bolting it on? Are there changes to the ECU that need to be made to account for the increased airflow?

What is the difference between sri and cai? I also assume that CEL stands for Check Engine Light. Sorry...a little behind on all of the lingo.

Does Mugen also make an intake for the 2008 Mugen Si?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
That's the best part of being on the 8th, if you don't know how to install something, chances are someone close to you does. If its a bolt on, someone around here has it on there car, or has helped install one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts