8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
How often do you replace your wiper blades? How long do you expect a pair to last?
Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
well you do not replace the "Blade", you replace the rubber insert. They usually last around a year depending on how often they are used.

-Brad

·
Registered
71 Posts
i usually do it before winter hits..visibility is very important..plus its only like 6 bucks..a small price to pay for good visibility..

·
Registered
741 Posts
What's a good one to get for our civics? I thought our stock ones were good, but after reading the above comment, then I don't know what to think. haha

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
they are good for like the first ohh month or so
but when its raining it squeeks when it wipes and when you use it when its not raining or w.e it doesnt... idk

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think the Bosch Teflon are the best for aftermarket wiper blades. I would stick with OEM (Honda) I think they are the best wipers I have ever had on a car. My opinion. Good luck shopping for new ones.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I still have my OEMs too, almost been two years. They're starting to streak a little once in a while, but I'm going to try to make it through winter with them, then get new OEM ones in the spring.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
A lot of places around here are having a "winter special". You can get new inserts for like ten bucks.

I should probably do that. Mine are still the first set that came with the car, and they were never that good. They are streaky (especially in winter) and they make that awful noise.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
mine are fairly new but idk why it squeeks everytime i use them.....
only when its raining when i use it does it squeek when its drizzling or i just turn them on then it doesnt squeek

any idea?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i have the rainx latitude on my celica...im still waiting for my 08 si sedan..to come in..so ill let cha kno if the latitude are better then the stock pair

1 - 20 of 24 Posts