8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got the "civic" badge I needed. Now Im just trying to figure out how to install it on there and make it stay. I picked up some 3M double sided tape and i kinda half ass-ed it on there.. It doesnt look too bad, but Im pretty sure it's not gonna hold considering the tape is only on like 20% of the "civic" badge.

Anyone whos done this same mod wanna give me some insight on what you did?

·
Registered
95 Posts
go to autozone and buy some adhesive glue. I used it to glue on my red H emblems and its on there 100%. I have a heavy sound system and all that rattling doesnt budge the Emblem and its safe too. Peels off if u want it to without peeling paint or damaging it. Works great man

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thats what I meant, I went to advanced auto parts, and got the 3M mounting/moulding tape or w/e.. its thick and stretchy... But still I think it's not very safe because its only touching 20% of the badge on the side.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, like that nycclaye. But Im trying to mount it where the Si badge was, using the little piece of plastic that is already there..

·
Registered
923 Posts
What you should do is go find a strong piece of rubber or plastic, and cut it to fit your Civic emblem. Then glue/tape the emblem to the rubber/plastic and then attach the whole thing to the stub that holds the Si emblem.

Off topic, but do you have the Si emblem that goes in the grill? If so, can you tell me the measurements of it? I'm planning to do a custom emblem when I get an Si grill.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
here's what I did.

Go to Home Depot
--Buy double sided 3M tape
--Adhesive (waterproof)
--Buy a small door hinge (yes, I said it)

1.) Spray paint the door hinge flat black (paint from Autozone)
2.) Spray 3 coats of clear on it
3.) Using the adhesive put the Civic badge on the door hinge
--- Using the door hinge witht thte Civic badge make more of a surface for the adhesive to hold on to the gril
4.) Tthere's only 2 little thin pieces of plastic molding in the grill where I put mine so use the 3M tape and adhere them to it. It sounds weird when you think about it, but I'll take some close up pics of my car when it's lighter out.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Looks like your Si has boogers in its nose lol.

Other than the emblems there I really like your Si... diggin the stickers above the fog lights.
yea, i know. that was before I put the yellow lamin-x tint and yellow jdm bulbs in the headlight to match the fogs. it annoyed me lookin at clear headlights and yellow fogs

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Yes, like that nycclaye. But Im trying to mount it where the Si badge was, using the little piece of plastic that is already there..
and I used the existing piece of plastic too... The "Si" badge is screwed in there. Did you already remove it?

·
Registered
636 Posts
I like ur car nycclaye, but why did u take off ur lamin-x headlights? It matched ur fogs. I also like the JDM license plate cuz it is unique. I haven't seen too many ppl with that. where did u get it from?

·
Registered
6,543 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I kinda did a combination of a few things. I took off the Si Letters from the badge, I screwed the badge back on, and used 3M mounting/molding double sided tape to stick the "civic" badge onto that. It looks fine, it could be better, but Im happy with it for now. It is holding very well and I dont see it coming off unintentionally.

All in all, this was the easiest and nicest looking mods ive done so far, it really makes the car look much nicer in the front. Ill maybe post pics up later ( i dont have a digi cam :[ )

But thanks for the help guys

1 - 20 of 23 Posts