8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2010 Si that we have owned for a few months and we need to replace the suspension. The previous owner had installed aftermarket coilovers (likely cheap stuff from eBay). They are old, worn, rusted, and make a LOT of popping noises.

Anyway, does anyone have experience with Tein? We are looking a this set specifically: TEIN.com: STREET ADVANCE Z / STREET BASIS Z - PRODUCTS

Car use: Daily driver that’s fun. Not a track car. Occasional car meets.

If you have experience with these, what tips do you have for DIY Installation?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I think I have koni yellows and some German lowering springs on my car, they came with the car when I bought it so I just threw them on. Recommendations for the install are you better have a cut off wheel ready incase the bolts are seized. Granted my car had 150k miles on stock suspension so that probably added to it but we had to cut a few mounting bolts off, other than that its pretty straight forward, few bolts, the front bolts where they mount are a pain in the a$$ to get to with a ratchet wrench. And of course, most importantly, please make sure they mount up to the top evenly, if not you will hear a pounding or thudding noise, tighten when the car isn't sprung then when you let it down observe to see if the bolts or thread start showing, if so tighten further until its on correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I have koni yellows and some German lowering springs on my car, they came with the car when I bought it so I just threw them on. Recommendations for the install are you better have a cut off wheel ready incase the bolts are seized. Granted my car had 150k miles on stock suspension so that probably added to it but we had to cut a few mounting bolts off, other than that its pretty straight forward, few bolts, the front bolts where they mount are a pain in the a$$ to get to with a ratchet wrench. And of course, most importantly, please make sure they mount up to the top evenly, if not you will hear a pounding or thudding noise, tighten when the car isn't sprung then when you let it down observe to see if the bolts or thread start showing, if so tighten further until its on correctly.
Thanks for the insights. Very helpful.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I don't personally have experience with Tein products, but I've been floating around the forum long enough to know that they generally have a good reputation and folks were pretty pleased with their products in some older coilover threads. I was actually looking at getting of Teins myself after this winter, so I don't think you can go wrong with their products.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't personally have experience with Tein products, but I've been floating around the forum long enough to know that they generally have a good reputation and folks were pretty pleased with their products in some older coilover threads. I was actually looking at getting of Teins myself after this winter, so I don't think you can go wrong with their products.
Thanks. They will arrive in a couple days. I'll post some photos and review after the install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts