8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the dealer wants to diagnose my car to locate the noise at the front for 100 dollars, but i refused, im just wondering if i can bring my car to them and ask them to replace the bumpstops without using the warranty what i meant is ill pay them, or buy some bumpstops from them and install them myself..

any advice?

·
Registered
505 Posts
i found something odd, i had s techs in my car and i had a slight popping sound but not to bad. then last week i put sportlines in and because of the way the coils are indexed and wrapped, one counter clockwise and one clockwise, it makes no popping at all.just something id share here.anyone else maybe know where im coming from ?

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
Na man the Bumping and clicking is not related to the Bump stops, it's directly related to how the spring sit in the strut. Your bump stops are not going to be in the equation unless your shocks are nearly all the way compressed.

·
Registered
505 Posts
i just read the mod list too now after i wrote that i changed out my s techs, so ya swap them out for sportlines and there should be no issue.no creeking or popping and looks better i think.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I got sportline, no noise or poping noise.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Commonly the fix for this problem is to pull out the entire strut and spring and lay on white litium grease to the spring perch on top not were the spring sits but on top where it comes in contact with the body. I to have had this problem for 8,000 miles and work for a honda dealer and my buddy a mechanic pulled them greased them and reinstalled them and you know the problem went away. no more poping! I don't know why they pop but this fixed it. :thumb:
Hope this helps! :wavey:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.