8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Si
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I disintegrated the upper driver's side transmission mount's rubber at a rallycross, and am having a hard time sourcing a replacement. I ordered a replacement mount from RockAuto which was listed as fitting my 2006 Civic Si, but it's different than the mount that came out and won't bolt up. In the attached photo, you can see the upper portion of the new mount and what's left of the old one (both upside down). The mount that holds the bolt that goes into the side of the frame sticks out significantly more than what the old one had. It hits the frame earlier and makes it impossible to line up the bolt holes on the top of the frame.

Couch Comfort Wood studio couch Gas

Looking at other mounts listed as fitting my car, they all seem to have the extra long nub for the side-frame bolt. Am I missing something, or will none of these mounts actually work fro my car? Is there a particular replacement transmission mount that will actually work?

·
Registered
201 Posts
This mount is a crap design anyways. Seems like honda ditched it on the newer cars. I know its a good chunk of change but the hasport one is a great design and made everything feel in line.

·
Registered
2006 Si
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm currently running the car in the Stock FWD class in rallycross, so I needed to stick with stock or equivalent parts for the mounts to not get bumped to the prepared class. After a bit of adjustment I managed to get the first mount to work.

Those Hasport mounts look really nice, with much better design than the stock layout. If these new non dry rotted mounts can't hold up to rallycross, I will get some of those and move my Civic up a class. Thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm currently running the car in the Stock FWD class in rallycross, so I needed to stick with stock or equivalent parts for the mounts to not get bumped to the prepared class. After a bit of adjustment I managed to get the first mount to work.

Those Hasport mounts look really nice, with much better design than the stock layout. If these new non dry rotted mounts can't hold up to rallycross, I will get some of those and move my Civic up a class. Thanks!
hell yeah man good luck in rallycross

·
Registered
2006 Si
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

Here's a photo by one of the professionals who attended one of the events. I have been having a ton of fun and there's a guy in another 8th gen Si who runs locally.

If you take your car out, you probably should check the engine mounts and other bushings first. This transmission mount was the last factory one I had left in the car with most of the others failing a couple events in to the season. The local course isn't too rocky, but making a skid plate to protect the low hanging oil pan should probably be on my to do list too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
View attachment 246935

Here's a photo by one of the professionals who attended one of the events. I have been having a ton of fun and there's a guy in another 8th gen Si who runs locally.

If you take your car out, you probably should check the engine mounts and other bushings first. This transmission mount was the last factory one I had left in the car with most of the others failing a couple events in to the season. The local course isn't too rocky, but making a skid plate to protect the low hanging oil pan should probably be on my to do list too.
Hahaha I love that man. Looks fantastic! 😍 I would love to participate in something like that but my Si is my daily and I also think I would prefer a RWD setup for any rallying. More power to you though, it looks like a load of fun.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Have you replaced the front mount? I see only innovative makes that one. It's the last OEM one i have left and idk if its neccesary as of now being only FBO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts