8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time for me to dig into my pocket for some new tires. My car came with Michelin Pilot MXM4 and I already have 45,000 miles on my car. I drive ~550/week to and from work..plus one trip to Anna Maria, FLA. I love Michelins but the pocket only goes so deep. The Honda dealer says Goodyear Eagle RSA are high quality tires but I have been reading very different reviews via the internet. My other possibilities are Cooper Zeon tires or Bridgestone Fire hawks. Can any of you give a girl some advice on this issue?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Tirerack.com has some great surveys/ reviews on tires.
Tire choices depends on weather conditions in your area and driving style.

Also if you want to go summers or all seasons (if you have snow)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
if you dont really care for performance, which i dont think you do because u said u liked the michellins, go with som nitto neo gens. imo those are good tires that arent too expensive. dont go with kumho, ive had some ast's and they sucked soooo bad. but im sure the more expensive ones are better. also stay away from those fuzion tires that they sell at most tire shops. theyre noisy and not that good imo.

·
Registered
851 Posts
as stated above look at tirerack

you seem to be putting on highway miles, so may want a touring

or grand touring tire

the OE tires were on sale on here not long ago

also check the for sale section here

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have almost 42000 on my Michelins that came on the car. I'm actually looking to get the Dunlop Durezza. I had them on my 95 and they were pretty good. Definitely better than Michelin. Of course if you have to drive in rain or weather under 40F they get a little hard.
B

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You want a tire that will last long... dont go for a summer tire. Go for the Nitto Neo Gens.

I cant believe you like the Michelins that came on the car, they are god awful!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts