8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if Honda sells the replacement screw for the spare tire holder. I spilled some liquid in my trunk and it leaked into the spare tire bay. So I removed the spare tire to clean up under it, then when I went to screw it back in I noticed the spiral at the start of the screw was all messed up so it won't screw in no matter how much force I put into it.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Sometimes some dealers will give you things like that if they have extras. I had a mudflap that was cracked because I hit a stick in the road, and when I went in for an oil change they kindly replaced it for free. That is kind of an odd part though so I'm not sure if they have it just laying around like a mudflap...but either way you should be able to ge a repleacement if not.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vince said:
Cross-threaded and/or stripped?
It's cross threaded. So it will only screw in all the way, only goes in like 2 revolutions then it stops when there's still plenty of room and the metal plate that goes in between the tire and the screw rattles when I hit any bumps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Try the dealer...or you can try your local salvage yard and see if they have any wrecked 2006-2007 civics for parts. You can probably get it cheaper there. My two cents..

·
Registered
898 Posts
Bubble Gum Jr. said:
It's cross threaded. So it will only screw in all the way, only goes in like 2 revolutions then it stops when there's still plenty of room and the metal plate that goes in between the tire and the screw rattles when I hit any bumps.
Up to a point you can cross-thread and back it out and be OK...atleast when I've cross-threaded stuff before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts