8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 102K on an '07, EX sedan, I think the rebound on the factory dampers is staring to fail. However a search out here in this forum seems to have almost every post for a lowered vehicle.

I can't afford to lower the height here in Michigan (between the snow and the dirt roads, that's not good).

So. Anyone have any ideas on what my actual options are? I'd go for something that might increase the handling, but I'm really a much more ride-oriented kind of need (although if the rebound were just a bit higher, I think it would actually ride better). Just looking for something that will last as well.

What options would be available? Also, when replacing the dampers/struts, it is best to replace all the bolts & nuts involved?

I'm also assuming that I shouldn't have to worry about the springs. Any thoughts on those?

Also. Most of the parts stores on-line that I've found don't necessarily have replacements for this model year, so any good suggestions on some decent stores?

The only mod I'd consider is that I would consider some strut tower braces to help stiffen up the vehicle a little, which I would just install at the same time I've got the bolts out for the struts. I can actually feel the gaps at the top of the door frame where the door meets the roof line actually change a little going around corners. I'm assuming that's partially the effect of the age of the vehicle (2.5 years old, but almost 5+ on actual mileage).

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
my friend dont worry about reinforcing the chassis...ull waste your money and the only benefit ull have is mental...you dont need to replace the bolts as by the time they lose the fastening torque ull need to unbolt and rebolt numerous times...go for some tokicos and the best place to buy is online...i suggest thmotorsports..i was in the same boat as you as my pro kit blew all my shocks after hard driving

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

One other question that I forgot to ask was if it is worth replacing any of the bushings. Not sure if they're rubber or polybrushes to begin with, but on now on my off-roader it is usually best to consider replacement after 100K. Are kits available? I would think that would help restore any ride issues as well.

Are the tokicos for stock springs? Will they be ok if the car hasn't been lowered?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts