8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello..
My si has 110k and the clutch is working fine. I wanted to know what would be a upgrade to the stock clutch when I replace. Just better performance not to crazy. Thank you all

·
Registered
325 Posts
OEM replacement Exedy also works with full bolt ons. Lasts longer too. It depends on what mods you have planned. I’m running a 11.5lb lightweight flywheel and it helps me get into the power and sooner. Running OEM Exedy clutch as well with HR CAI. Zero problems. 👌🏼

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Like stated before it depends on your overall plans with the car but if you're just doing bolt ons then a stage 1 or 1.5 is fine. I would get a lighter flywheel as well

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like stated before it depends on your overall plans with the car but if you're just doing bolt ons then a stage 1 or 1.5 is fine. I would get a lighter flywheel as well
Do I have to buy a separate flywheel or can I purchase one with the new Exedy clutch?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do I have to buy a separate flywheel or can I purchase one with the new Exedy clutch?
I believe Exedy has a kit with flywheel included
Sweet.. So the oem kit is $377.. And the stage 1 kit is $364.. I have a intake, throttle body spacer and skunk2 muffler on now. Will probably get hondata when I can afford it. What would be the better kit for my car if that's all I'm probly going to do to it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet.. So the oem kit is $377.. And the stage 1 kit is $364.. I have a intake, throttle body spacer and skunk2 muffler on now. Will probably get hondata when I can afford it. What would be the better kit for my car if that's all I'm probly going to do to it.
Also watched a video that said I should do the em2 cmc.. is that a necessary part as well?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts