8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so yeah it was a ***** but i finally got my kicker c8 in:D... I know its not that badass of an 8" but I just wanted a real sub in my rear dash... and just a LIL bit more power... and it's good enough... i'll post pics later... :D

like nothing happened:D

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
amp too:) i used to have two 10"s in the trunk...so the amp i didn't have to worry about.. and the main reason i did it was cause i wanted to have all that trunk space to myself... not half to the subs.... but yeah it sounds a lot better

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice i have Kicker on my boat and it doesnt sound that good in the water because of all the noise but in the boat it sounds great so we are getting rockford fosgate for the boat and im going to install the kickers in my civic if i get them back which i should
p.s. i blew my 2 tower speakers that why im getting new ; )

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
caveman74 said:
Did the rods in the truck get in the way?
no sir.... si sedan:) the rods are no where near the speaker magnets... plural cause i checked the 6.5's as well and they're not even close:D... so yeah next project will be replacing the oem speakers... I'm thinking of leaving the tweeters in cause they sound good enough to me.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Forgive a dumb question but this is the free air Kicker sub I was reading about in the other "replace stock sub" thread or a different model?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the only dumb question is a question not asked... :p nah at first I didn't know about free air subs.... so when i read up on it... i was kinda scared about the sound quality... but i read through the sub's manual and it said it worked as a replacement for oem subs in the rear dash without the need of box...

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Awesome news then, this is what I've been waiting on! I don't need an enclosed 10 in the trunk, just a little bit more power and quality out of the thing and from your comments it sounds like this will fit the bill. Thanks for being the guinea pig!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys.. well i have a black si sedan... not sure if its different on the other sedans... i know that in the coupe the trunk rods get in the way... but in mine there's space for anything.... any depth will fit... one thing i did have to do though is bend the metal from inside the trunk to fit the magnet... it wasn't hard... the metal is pretty thin and easy to work with...but yeah depth... doubt you'll have to worry with an extra .5 inches:D

·
Registered
884 Posts
Well I have a coupe and I know that there is a fitment issue... i never really looked at how much mounting depth there was. I mean they have the stock sub there so something fits, its not like trying to turn nothing into something... worst comes to worst maybe I could bend the rods that are in the way in the opposite direction (prob a bad idea... trunk issues) When I have time i'll take a closer look.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts