8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start by saying I am a long time reader and I have used this website to help with routine things and to speed up fixes. Thank you so much!

so recently my starter went out (first thing to "break" on my car), and it sent me into a frenzy of replacing parts as preventative maintenance..

Sharing this because no one in my life cares lol:
My vehicle is at 120k and we havent done anything since it was @ 60k.

Went though and replaced the o2 sensors, pcv valve, cleaned EGR, changed trans fluid, changed radiator fluid, did a ******* (can we not say r3dneck?) power steering fluid "change, " serp belt and tensioner, and plugs. As well as an engine bay clean. Very clean engine bay and only very little leakage at power steering pump, which I am going to let ride until a replacement is needed (original PS pump). (unless someone wants to talk me into a PS pump seal replacement)

Anyways- now that Ive lost you all, I would like some honest opinions.

Ive attached a photo of my lenses and they are the worst I've seen. They are original and I want to know if I should replace with some TYC, or refurbish (polish) my current ones. Also should I replace bulbs. They are so dim- hard to drive at night.

Hand Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Window

·
Registered
230 Posts
They are dim due to the UV damage and stock lights do suck a bit. The only real solution to your problem is to buff with an orbital using a cut compound (polish foe fixing blemishes in paint). If you dont have access to such shite get new lights. Either way put 3Ms clear UV protectant film over the lights. This keeps the clear sooo much longer and when the film gets hazy you just replace it instead of the whole light assembly.

One thing to look into is a Big 3 ground job. Thats where you pull out the thin wires to the 3 ground locations and replace them with thick wires. This stops the lights from occasionally dimming as your driving. Honda uses very thin wires for the grounds and going with a Big 3 helps especially if you have a bumping system in your car.

Look it up on this site. Good info...easy to do...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts