8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replace the brake fluid on my 07 Civic auto sedan every 3 years as per the owner's manual, the last time I did it in 2016 and I jotted a note to myself the Honda dealership who did it (about $120 service after coupon) said they don't need to remove all 4 tires to flush, I saw video from ericthecarguy where all tires were removed to bleed out all fluid so I had asked about that since I wanted them to rotate the tires if they were all being removed.

Does anyone know if that's correct they don't need to remove all 4 tires to flush? Are they attaching some type of vacuum pump to the reservoir that can get out all the fluid in the system without having to detach all 4 tires?

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you can get under the vehicle (ramps or a lift) you don’t need to remove the wheels. It just makes the job easier.

Look into a pressurized bleeder. Makes the job very quick and easy. I have a Motive brand and it works wonderfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
Maybe you could do it without removing the wheels if on a lift but idk? Seems kinda suspect. I bet most people who pay for a brake flush at the dealer just get the reservoir changed out. If at all possible do it yourself. Costs about $5 in brake fluid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts