8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Fabric paint does exist, I have not tired it myself but it might be an option. It seems however that it can make the fabric seem stiff, and with swede like fabrics you have to be very careful in how you prep the fabric, comb it out ahead of time to avoid marks, and if its worn away the paint will not fix it. You could also reupholster it with a fabric of your choice.

In either case you probably will want to remove the inner door panel to gain access to the fabric part, its also a good time to upgrade those weak door checkers or upgrade the door speakers while you are in there.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've wondered the same thing, my drivers door armrest isn't in great condition and replacement seems kind of difficult and the fabric part seems hard to find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Noted. like what you've said, probably it's better to remove the panel to gain access to the fabric and reupholster it. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
529 Posts
If you are looking at wanting to replace the armrest fabric I might recommend taking a look at Redlinegoods.com.

As for the fabric on the panel, it is pretty easy to replace with whatever fabric you'd like. I replaced mine twice now. Btw, an XL t-shirt is just enough fabric to do the front two door panels on the coupe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts