8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks. It's not such the price of it cause i can save up for that but I wanna know whats best. I mean, do I actually need a new trunk lid? or should I spend the 450 dollars to have the whole trunk lid sprayed and the dent popped back out as best as they can get it?. On the last page is the latest news of how I went to the autobody shop today that the HONDA dealership I bought the car from reccomended me to go to. They do work for Mercedes, BMW, VW and HONDA. I figure if they can do Mercedes and BMW, they can handle a little dent/chip on a HONDA LOL.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
any regular body shop will be able to repair that. it will look like new if they paint the whole thing... you may ask if it can be spot repaired and they may be able to get it looking pretty much back to normal for a couple hundred... ask around

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to the autobody shop that my HONDA dealership told me to go to and liked what happened and how I was treated. They have awards and recognition trophies and whatnot all over the place and I was reading all I could while I was waiting for the Estimator guy to show up and give me a FREE estimate and he was cool and I explained to him what heppened and that I'd sure hope they do an excellent job on my car and the guy made me feel like they were going to take care of me and the car so I was at ease. In total, it's going to cost me about 440 to 450 dollars to repair. They're going to have to take apart the trunk lid meaning the spoiler, license plate holder and emblems-(which I plan on taking the emblems off myself, which will cost less at the end) and then they'll have to repaint all of the WHOLE entire trunk lid. The guy said thats what needs to be done in order to blend it perfectly and make it seem like nothing was ever wrong. I asked him if the paint and quality is going to hold up and he said "YES FOR SURE, IT SHOULD LAST THE LIFETIME OF THE CAR" so I felt good about that. They seem very professional and know what they're doing. He mentioned that it's not a big dent and problem but in order to do it the RIGHT and PERFECT way, they're going to have to repaint the whole trunk lid and as far as i'm concerned, I'M COOL WITH THAT cause I want ONLY THE BEST. I feel better now that i've got it done. I told him though that I wasn't going to have it done untill the winter time or so and he said that it's fine but that it might get really busy as the winter time here in florida for them is busier cause of the snow birds and everyone comming to florida. I guess thats when most accidents and fender benders happen?. He also told me that when I make an appointment that they'll make it for a MONDAY and have me out by a WEDNESDAY. So thats 2 days! WOW!, I was impressed!. thats pretty quick you know?. So what do you all think?. Does this all checkout fine?

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Repair and repaint..
^yeah, I seriously didn't think that you guys would tell me to waste probably 1000 dollars on a new trunk and have them repaint it when it's not that bad of a dingy anyways.

I was thinking of a Carbon Fiber trunk AND a hood but I think i'll hold off on that for a while or permanantly, cause I like the OEM stuff thats on there now. And besides, I talked to someone that had a Carbon fiber trunk lid and he said that he didn't like it cause it wasn't spaced right and seemed like it didn't fit. the fender lines and cracks were too big and spaced he said. I'll take his word for it.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That sucks man.....looks like you got a sniper with a really strong pellet gun on your hands, did anyother cars around have this problem that day....

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
No, I don't know where that county is actually lol. I mean, I've never been there to that county before.

No, nobody else's car got jacked. I was the lucky one.

It's all good cause everything will be back to normal or even better!. I'm thinking that the paint that they'll use to repaint my whole trunk lid will most likely be stronger than the rest of cars factory paint LOL. I wonder how long it will take to completely heal and harden. But all I know is that when I get my trunk painted and everythings back to normal and about 2 or 3 months passes by, i'm getting a damn CAR COVER for my F'ing Si so that I don't have to worry about anything you know?. If I end up looking stupid for covering my car every morning when I come in to work, so be it....I, Don't, Give, A-FUGG!. And when I get home, i'll cover it too. I'm thinking just 2 times a day is what i'll be doing when covering it up, it'll save the paint and the interior and keep "pellets" from doing too much damage if any. I debadged my car the other day and still have the "Si" badge left to take off thats on the grille and that alone should help out with the vandals and newcommers to where I park my car. If it doesn't say "Si" on it, than might aswell leave it alone right?. But thats not the ONLY reason why i've decided to Debadge. I did it mainly for the convenience for when I wax my car, I won't have those damn badges to get all the wax in between which sucks ass!. But another reason is to just have a nice looking clean car. No badges, it's all part of what i'm planning on for my car. I'm going to get rid of the "H" OEM badges and get the JDM badges to replace them. I'm gonna have a red and black theme to my car. I know that black with polished machined lip wheels are "played out" but i'm thinking that with RED lugs. alittle bit red here and there with the rest of the car black being a NHBP will turn out nicely. I'm thinking of getting new rotors too and maybe either painting the calipers which i'm probably not going to do OR just get some after market brakes Brembo maybe? Anyways, those are just ideas i've got that i'm toying around with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts