8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

341 - 360 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
I wouldn't as you would be sucking in hot air from behind the radiator or within the engine bay. Remove the resonator, but cut the piece of plastic connected to it, and reconnect it back to the intake.

This will leave you with an opening/intake behind the fog light which collects cold air.

I didi this and I noticed an improvement in response. Not much difference in sound though.
This is what I did. Good thing is that u can still yank the rubber hose for any heavy rain situations.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well ive gone through this whole thread. Does anyone have videos of NON-Si models without the resonator on, I wanted to hear the sound. I Found 1 video but it sounds like crap, idk if this is what its supposed to sound like

·
Registered
100 Posts
sorry for the bump but i have a question.
i remove my Intake Resonator and i thought about outing a cone shaped air filter?
is that a good idea?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the ct intake and i was was going to take it out and run a hose to the front bumper to get some cooler air since its not like a "suction" system anymore idk if it will make a diff. but o well

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just removed my SRI and did this yesterday. I had a battery relocator so didn't have the resonator on. Don't know how it feels until i start my car. Broke the stupid purge valve solenoid when removing the SRI... waiting for the hps hose to come in as well.

·
Registered
302 Posts
just did this tonight. it sounds real nice. much like a cold air. gonna get the k&n drop in filter soon to add to it. with the drop in filter this is much like a cold air intake correct?

if you were to add a cone filter to the end of the pipe that goes directly into the resonator you can just take out the original filter, correct?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I seem to be hearing mixed reviews on this. Now that this thread is old, I thought that maybe some of you who have had this setup for a while could chime in, please.

I have a FG2 and I really want to keep it mostly stock engine wise, so I am on the fence about this mod, because I'm not sure if it's even worth it. So, here are my questions (assuming an ECU reset)

1: Everyone seems to agree that is it louder, but it is a similar or better sound/tone to stock? If its the same tone but louder than great. But, if its louder and drones then that's not so good..

2: Does it negatively or positively affect your MPG?

3: If I do this mod, I am going to make sure the piping ends in the wheel well as a CAI would. First though,would it be worth it to just take off the small rubber piece that connect to the air box? Would that give me a good idea of what the sound will be like? (That way I could just put it back on if I don't like it, without committing to cutting up my resonator)

Anyway, great meeting you all and thanks for the input!

·
Registered
10,507 Posts
looking back on it, its not worth the time. keep it stock, or get a aftermarket intake. didnt affect my MPG, and it doesnt sound different

·
Registered
274 Posts
^^i agree I wish I never did it your way better off buying an intake its def not worth the time and its really not louder at all and mpg is about the same I didn't see a difference

Sent from my DROID3

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Shouldn't have to. Just let the car idle until it teachers mid range on the temperature gauge. Cruise around town keeping it below 4k for 10min or so then :Vtec: dat sh¡t!

·
Registered
49 Posts
not trying to piss in anyones cereal, but i just tried it and it was the worst ever, i have an FA5 and the sound of my Vtec.... scratch that, didnt even sound like it cracked V. yea it the car has a deeper growl to it but i honestly felt as if my car lost power.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an A/T R18 and i removed the rubber hose and added a K&N drop in filter. I love the fact that the engine now growls at 3k+ rpm haha. My question is that since it essentially acts as a SRI, would the heat soak (its summer too) increase my MPG? So wouldnt heat soak be considered a good thing (other than the fact that you lose hp haha)?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I was tempted to completely remove the resonator, then put a sock instead of panty hose around the hole inside the wheel well area to prevent leaves from entering air box.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

341 - 360 of 391 Posts