17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
here's a e-beer lol

all done and everything is torqued to spec. guna eat then test drive lol

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
before i drive....my mounts have been sitting for about 4 days now, is that enough for everything to cure?

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I kept mine for about 3-4 days as well. I think it should be enough. I only did 1 mount though since I have innovative motor mounts. I think you should be safe..

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
ground, you shouldn't be able to see the date marks for the bottom one. and for the upper torque mount it goes the same way, but since its up top you put it where you can see the date markings when looking at it. make sense? lol

but i dont think it really matters.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Really easy solution for this. Use the jack in the trunk of your car and wedge it in between the sub frame and transmission and you can move and hold the engine in place with precision. This was honestly the easies part of the install for me. Getting all the bolts out especially the front motor mount bolt was the hardest part along with having to shave down the knock off HasSport mount i bought down. And dont say its going to mess up the steel/aluminum as one of the pic's provided shows where it was on my trans and no marks. Doesnt take much pressure to move the motor and your lug wrench is 19mm which is the same size as the bolts holding the mount in for getting bolts in place, this is helpful if your on your garage floor. The best tool for this is in everyones trunk, Thanks Honda!!! Use some rustoleum rust reformer too while your there on your sub frame to get rid of any cancerous rust that might be growing in the area, as you can see i did as it collects in corners and under plastic panels. Use 2-3 cans of that stuff till your supports/subframe is so black the ACLU will have to show up. Check out these Pic's yah MOFO's

·
Registered
40 Posts
Really easy solution for this. Use the jack in the trunk of your car and wedge it in between the sub frame and transmission and you can move and hold the engine in place with precision. This was honestly the easies part of the install for me. Getting all the bolts out especially the front motor mount bolt was the hardest part along with having to shave down the knock off HasSport mount i bought down. And dont say its going to mess up the steel/aluminum as one of the pic's provided shows where it was on my trans and no marks. Doesnt take much pressure to move the motor and your lug wrench is 19mm which is the same size as the bolts holding the mount in for getting bolts in place, this is helpful if your on your garage floor. The best tool for this is in everyones trunk, Thanks Honda!!! Use some rustoleum rust reformer too while your there on your sub frame to get rid of any cancerous rust that might be growing in the area, as you can see i did as it collects in corners and under plastic panels. Use 2-3 cans of that stuff till your supports/subframe is so black the ACLU will have to show up. Check out these Pic's yah MOFO's

View attachment 242244 View attachment 242245 View attachment 242246 View attachment 242247 View attachment 242248

You dont even have to loosen the side mount

21 - 28 of 28 Posts