8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot for the life of me put the rear torque mount, by oil pan , back on! It was a real pita getting the stock one out, now I can't put the injected oem ones in. I tried taking out the bracket thinking that would help, but nope.

Is there some kind of trick to get that sucker in??!!

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
I cannot for the life of me put the rear torque mount, by oil pan , back on! It was a real pita getting the stock one out, now I can't put the injected oem ones in. I tried taking out the bracket thinking that would help, but nope.

Is there some kind of trick to get that sucker in??!!

Had the same problem yesterday!

Ok here is what i did, I had a buddy take a pry bar and push as far back as he could on the motor! the Trick is 2 leave the other 2 mounts out (the top dogbone and the bottom front mount) that gives the best flexibility for movement.

Ok with those 2 off and the buddy pulling on the pry bar in a safe place, put the mount in AT AN ANGEL do you have to use another small pry bar to pry down the rubber to get it in at the angel, THEN take a rubber hammer and beat the frick out of the mount (make sure not to hit the cast oil pan) and as soon as it starts to move be sure to guide it in using the pry bar because it will get hung up. and after it gets into place your buddy should be able to let go of the motor and it will push it the rest of the way into the hole! Then bolt her up!

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do you want the motor pushed toward the front or the rear towards the firewall?

And yea the other 2 mounts are still out.

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
Do you want the motor pushed toward the front or the rear towards the firewall?

And yea the other 2 mounts are still out.
yeah with the other 2 mounts out the motor is "a bit" more free than it would be with the others bolted up.

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
thanks, ima take a little break then try it again....pita lol.
yeah its a 1 time job thats for sure! if the stuff falls out of mine i will never take that rear dogbone out again, we fought that thing 45 minutes LOL

and crazy thing is i painted all 3 mounts black with rustoleum"spelling" paint and that junk is good paint LOL barely any came off

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I had to remove dogbone and loose all the mount bolts and slightly lift the engine up, then I could slide it in; but yeah, it was harder to put it back in then taking it out.. at least for me

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
I had to remove dogbone and loose all the mount bolts and slightly lift the engine up, then I could slide it in; but yeah, it was harder to put it back in then taking it out.. at least for me
thats a great idea too mike! we were doing it on a lift i never thought of that.... i could not even imagine doing this on the ground

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well im doing it on the ground lol....same way with my header. it ******* sucked.

hm nobody else is avaiable to help so i guess i have to use my jack to lean it or push up. if pushing up where would be the best place to do so?

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
thats a great idea too mike! we were doing it on a lift i never thought of that.... i could not even imagine doing this on the ground
Thanks man. Yeah, I will never remove that mount again. I wish I had access to lift, it would make it slightly easier but still. Just dont forget to put a wood block or something between floor jack and oil pan in case you decide to lift your engine a bit.

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man. Yeah, I will never remove that mount again. I wish I had access to lift, it would make it slightly easier but still. Just dont forget to put a wood block or something between floor jack and oil pan in case you decide to lift your engine a bit.
So lift it straight up with the jack or angle it?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I had a shop installed mine. they used a pry bar and had to rock the engine to get the mounts on. hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
well im doing it on the ground lol....same way with my header. it ******* sucked.

hm nobody else is avaiable to help so i guess i have to use my jack to lean it or push up. if pushing up where would be the best place to do so?
Place jack under the oil pan. Dog bone has to be removed. Loose bolts that hold side motor mounts so engine can go up. I didnt remove bolt for the bottom fron mount but I think it would help. Place a piece of wood (i used 2x4) between jack and oil pan and slowly lift it up till you get clearence you need. Hope it helps

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Place jack under the oil pan. Dog bone has to be removed. Loose bolts that hold side motor mounts so engine can go up. I didnt remove bolt for the bottom fron mount but I think it would help. Place a piece of wood (i used 2x4) between jack and oil pan and slowly lift it up till you get clearence you need. Hope it helps
omg i owe you a beer...did that and it went in like nothing, effortless LOL. :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts