8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All-

I'm interested in removing the I-Vtec sticker from the side of my Si Sedan. I have found a few threads where people talk about it, but I can't find any recommendations for removing it. I have already tried to pull it off with little success. It would take hours at the rate I'm chipping bits off. Any ideas?

-Raptor

·
Registered
898 Posts
hair dryer or let it face the midday sun and get nice and toasty, assuming you live in a hot climate. It's not the easiest thing to remove, it won't just peel right off, but then it's not that hard either.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
heat the adhesive with a heat gun. Don't fry your paint though.

Or goo gone might work but someone posted that it dulls the finish and you'd have to wax that area.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Pull very slowly at about a 45 degree angle. Or if you want to do it faster get a hairdryer & heat it up some. Just be careful not to overheat the paint. Just enough to heat up the glue on the sticker then the same slow pull of the sticker. Goodluck

I've used Goo-gone on several vehicles with no issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used some label and sticker remover and it came off w/o any problems what so ever, just wash the area afterwards if you use ANY type of solvent/cleaner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...finally got it off with some goo gone and hot water. I didn't have a hair dryer, so I just boiled some water and let the side soak in it with a rag. I guess it worked alright!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Please don't heat it up. They always say this for badges and other ****, but it always requires you to make a mess with the adhesive. I have taken my i-Vtec decals off within the last month on my sedan. My advice is:

- Have a fingernail to get it started. At first i was chipping it off little-by-little, but once i got it going i was easy.

- Do it once the paint has cooled. No goo (mostly)

- Don't rush. If you rush it will chip or you'll have 6 peices. If you have it in several pieces you get adhesive. I personally rubbed the adhesive off with my fingers. That night i had burn blisters on them, but the decals and adhesive were off w/o any negative effects.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
bug/tar remover got the adhesive of my coupe w/ no issues whatsoever. but wash it clean and wax that area immediately afterward.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I used adhesive sprayes, goo gone, bug an tar, WD40, gas and none of those work! The other day my girl was bored and went in the garage and got a bucket of warm water and some soap and she went at it. IN about an half an hour she cleared the sticker! :eek:hsnap:Dam im a nerd!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts