8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for removing door external door handles off a 2006 Civic but couldn't find anything. Do you guys know if a DIY exist or any clue on how to do it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's simple.

Remove door panel, pull back plastic sheet then located the bolts holding on the door handle.
Not the rear handle. Apparently no one on the internet ever needed to paint their car. I can't figure out how to remove it. Theres a stupid plastic piece blocking the hole i need to get the bolts

·
Super Moderator
2,163 Posts
I would think the rears would be similar, but I guess not. Your right, I can't find anything on the net on how to remove the rear door handles. I want to say I have a digital shop manual, I'll post if I can find it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would think the rears would be similar, but I guess not. Your right, I can't find anything on the net on how to remove the rear door handles. I want to say I have a digital shop manual, I'll post if I can find it.

Good luck.
I figured it out

·
Registered
8 Posts
  1. 242352
  2. Just undo those and then the whole plastic piece can go down and out of the way. Then its the same process. Im having a lot of trouble getting that metal bit that moves the actual lock when you pull the handle. Its on there pretty good

·
Super Moderator
2,163 Posts
Ok, so it's just elbow grease that is needed? Thanks for sharing. Turns out I do have the digital shop manual, but the CD is unreadable now. It's been in a box for the last several years and got scratched to hell. Urghhhhh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts