1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
hmm never thought about the starter for hot days.....Does it really get the A/C going faster?

I was about to suggest the block heater untill I saw the 100 deg lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Spoke with Honda parts yesterday and was informed that the Remote start is listed as not compatible with Hybrid. They are verifying with Honda and will get back with me soon.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks let us know what Honda says. I would think that if you leave the A/C running, wouldn't the car start with the A/C on? It would also be nice to have when it gets cold, here in Atlanta it doesn't go below 30 at the most.

Angel

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I'm having a starter installed soon on my ride, it's a compustar 2W900FM(AS). Don't know if that hepls.

·
Registered
40 Posts
200' range? :SHOCKED:

"Unlike aftermarket versions, the Honda system shuts the engine off when you unlock the vehicle. You must restart the vehicle, which provides additional security and safety."

Yeah, f- that.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The new '08 civics have a remote start option. It is listed as incompatible with the '07. However, some dealers have gone ahead and installed it anyways. One person even took the remote start off of their old accord and put it in their '07 HCH.
I would try going to your dealer and seeing what they say. If they say it's incompatible, have them call Honda technical support to find out for sure. ( HTS should tell them that it is possible).

·
Registered
378 Posts
I installed an AutoPage RS-100 on my car with no issues. You will need a module from ADS iDataLink to interface the CAN, and bypass the safety and security lockouts. Remember that there are safety features included with the RS to keep your car from either damaging itself or hurting someone, or being stolen while in RS mode. The iDatLink module monitors all info on the CAN, so it knows if ther eis aproblem.

contact AutoPage at 310.323.1800. Ask for Jason or Chris, they can help with any further info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts