8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remote Start/Alarm MN

I am looking to get a remote start/alarm 2 way system. The only places I know that sell them are Best Buy, Ultament Electronics and Circut City. I have kind of decided on a Clifford from Ulament Electrinics. Does anyone have any ideas or sugestions?

If you have one, where did you get it? What brand? Do you like it?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
i have autopage from ss audio..great alarm but if you can affor clifford get it..and i assume you dont have an si or a manual?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
you have an auto right? otherwise i mean i only know of compustar who makes a manual remote start that is actually good.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yea, it's a edit: AUTOMATIC. I mostly want it for the auto start, but I want the 2-way, sounds like an alarm is all part of it.

EDIT Wow, I had been up for 24 hours.........it is an AUTOMATIC

·
Registered
273 Posts
if you have a manual you want compustar. unless you pref the option of your car taking off and running into something if you leave it in gear and start it. compustar is idiot proof. it has a reservation mode that has to be set for it to remote start. when you are parking you put the ebrake up, then put it in neutral and turn the key to the off position and pull it out. the car will still be running. once you open the door and get out and close the door then it turns off and arms the alarm. and then its in reservation mode. it does suck cuz u really have to plan ahead if you want to remote start bt its nice knowing my car isnt guna auto pilot itself and run into sumthing or someone. i have a compustar on my car now and love it the best money iv ever spent on my car and highly recommend it. i have the 2way with alarm. great range. i work at best buy and we sell viper which is the same as clifford. and vipers quality is crap eversince dei took over them. you can get compustar with a 2way and start w/o an alarm bt its only like $60 more to get the one with the alarm

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
i work at best buy and we sell viper which is the same as clifford. and vipers quality is crap eversince dei took over them.
I have had several DEI alarms and have not had a single problem with them. I think they are top notch and I would recommend them.

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
I am looking to get a remote start/alarm 2 way system. The only places I know that sell them are Best Buy, Ultament Electronics and Circut City. I have kind of decided on a Clifford from Ulament Electrinics. Does anyone have any ideas or sugestions?

If you have one, where did you get it? What brand? Do you like it?
Checkout a place called Mach 1. They do very good work. I really don't trust the people at bestbuy or the other big places. It seems they just get you in and out as fast as possible. Taking every shortcut possible to achieve faster turnaround. That's not what I want for my car. I want quality. That's my .02 BTW... I like Viper systems, but to be totally honest, I haven't done any research in the industry for a few years now, So things may have changed since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.