8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Remote Start/Alarm w/auto rear defrost wireing question?

I am getting a remote start/alarm put in and have the option to have it turn on the rear deforst from the remote, but they do not know the wires for it. They said I can leave it with them and let them play around and find it, but I thought I would go to where people know more about 8th gen civics.

Anyone have any idea what wire it is to hook this up? I have a 2007 EX sedan.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
you looking for the wires in teh car? or the wires of the alarm/remote start?

the wires in the car can be found behind the defrost button....
the remote start should have come with iinstructions/wire diagram.

honestly, get a new installer if they are having you do the legwork to get information they should know or have access to.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you looking for the wires in teh car? or the wires of the alarm/remote start?

the wires in the car can be found behind the defrost button....
the remote start should have come with iinstructions/wire diagram.

honestly, get a new installer if they are having you do the legwork to get information they should know or have access to.
I am looking for the wires in the car.

I thought the same thing about the installer, but it is from Ultimate Electronics which is a very good audio dealer here in the Minneapolis area. They have a computer data system that would tell them the wires, but there is currently no info.

Not sure how the defrost module, remote starter and rear defrost all work together, but I don't think it is just a simple hook it up to the switch and it works type thing. I may be wrong though.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
the climate control in the car has a harness plugging into the back of it. im sure if they look back there and use a volt meter to determine which wire gets power then the button is pressed, they can use that wire.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
200ft?

any good directed alarm/remote start with a better security system works MUCH further than that and can be had for the same price and the OEM upgrade.

Yes , living in the city, not so great neighborhood,. I like the Honda one. No lights flash when start and the doors remain locked. If any window or door forced open, the engine will shut down.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I am getting a remote start/alarm put in and have the option to have it turn on the rear deforst from the remote, but they do not know the wires for it. They said I can leave it with them and let them play around and find it, but I thought I would go to where people know more about 8th gen civics.

Anyone have any idea what wire it is to hook this up? I have a 2007 EX sedan.
What shop is doing your car? I'm good friends with the guy who owns M&M Car Audio.

·
Registered
273 Posts
just get a compustar. thats what iv got i have 3000ft range and its 2 way and remote start and alarm and i have it on a 06 nbp si. and when i had mine hooked up they did my rear defrost to. not sure how they did it. im friends with the owners of the shop so they just did it for me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just get a compustar. thats what iv got i have 3000ft range and its 2 way and remote start and alarm and i have it on a 06 nbp si. and when i had mine hooked up they did my rear defrost to. not sure how they did it. im friends with the owners of the shop so they just did it for me.
Well find out will ya!:biggrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.