8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i went to open my car today and noticed that when u hit unlock once the drivers door unlocks but the interior light doesnt come on. (yes is in the right position) and i hit it again to unlock the pass door and it doesnt unlock it. i have to hit it like 5 times and hold it for it to open.

but the interior light should come one the first time i press unlock for the drivers door wtf??? anyone have this prob?

i know there is a tsb about the pass lock but idk

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I dont think the interior lights come on when unlocked or locked just exterior but i could be wrong:xyxnervou:sadwavy:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Well if your talking about the interior light, then it should light up when you unlock it, if your talking about the map lights, there is a switch by the sunroof that you will need to activate in order for the map lights to turn on.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Ive never ben close enough to really know:xyxnervou:sadwavy:

:laughing::popcorn:

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
battery is remote is brand new and ive had the car for a year and a half.

and besides it wont open the damn passenger door wtf!

i guess i just take it in

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Well if your talking about the interior light, then it should light up when you unlock it, if your talking about the map lights, there is a switch by the sunroof that you will need to activate in order for the map lights to turn on.
are you talking about the rpm gauge and speedometer? cuz both of those light up when i unlock, but not the lights that you "push" to turn on.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are you talking about the rpm gauge and speedometer? cuz both of those light up when i unlock, but not the lights that you "push" to turn on.
does the tach and speedo light up when u unlock it???? cause now i dont remember.

well all of a sudden it started working with the interior light coming on and pass door is now unlocking

but now i dont remember do the speedo and tach light up when u hit the unlock door????

can somone please check for me real quick to be sure

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
**** cause i really cant remember if those are lighting up now cause the dome light is when u unlock but i dont recall the dash lights lighting up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is there any solution to this problem? My civic is on the 4th year and started the exact same issue this weekend. The remote unlock operation is only opening the driver door every time you hit the unlock button. Exterior lights light up as usual with every button press. I have noticed Honda electronics to be susceptible to high external humidity. It has been raining heavily since last couple of days with humidity above 90% constantly. May be that is the reason for this weird behavior. I guess cheap electronics are put into cheaper models.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts