8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of the N/A guys out there...how is your tuned and bolted 8th gen treating you?

I only ask because recently I have wanted to upgrade to a better platform. I was really thinking about going with the FT86 Toyota when that comes out since it seems like it will be a blast to drive. Maybe a STi if I can afford it or possibly a G35. Anything less than 4 seats fail for me...

Then I have my 08 Night Si. I only owe 14k on it now. I could pay it off in 2 years. It has 5 years worth of warranty left. I just want more power. 210+ whp at the least.

I looked at the charts for most people here and all they have is I/H/E with a reflash and bring in over 200WHP+. I would not mind that.

However, how is fuel economy and maintenance? I have never worked on a honda...I had my tC turbo'd but I will never go that route ever again unless its stock (sti).

Just want some input. I love the Civi but just want more out of it. Are there any repercussions for I/H/E and a reflash?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
For all of the N/A guys out there...how is your tuned and bolted 8th gen treating you?

I only ask because recently I have wanted to upgrade to a better platform. I was really thinking about going with the FT86 Toyota when that comes out since it seems like it will be a blast to drive. Maybe a STi if I can afford it or possibly a G35. Anything less than 4 seats fail for me...

Then I have my 08 Night Si. I only owe 14k on it now. I could pay it off in 2 years. It has 5 years worth of warranty left. I just want more power. 210+ whp at the least.

I looked at the charts for most people here and all they have is I/H/E with a reflash and bring in over 200WHP+. I would not mind that.

However, how is fuel economy and maintenance? I have never worked on a honda...I had my tC turbo'd but I will never go that route ever again unless its stock (sti).

Just want some input. I love the Civi but just want more out of it. Are there any repercussions for I/H/E and a reflash?

Thanks in advance.

I/h/e and Flashpro tuned with 210whp and a stock 180whp SI. If this isn't enough (which it won't be), throw in a supercharger or some cams and fall in love in the SI all over again. Pay to Play ---> fuel economy, warranty, maintaince.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I will wait for the warranty to get closer to its expiration date before I work on it at all...sigh. Just want some more power without any more risks. My tC ended up being nothing but a headache after I boosted her but was fine NA.

The itch is bad right now though. How bad is the reflash for the ECU?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts