8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is HID w/ oem wiring safe?

Well after a crapload of tests to fix my HID flickering problem, i am convinced that my relay harness is broke. How safe is it to use my HIDS with the oem wiring? I read up on the sticky from OrientExpress and was told that our cars can handle , but i am still reading many different posts saying that a battery harness should always be used. Much feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
ahh apologize NoOne has helped you yet. The flickering may be the ballast itself. Try hooking it up directly to the stock 9006. If they continue to flicker then your ballasts are about to go.
Thing is, when you use a relay, you are protecting your stock harness just in case anything happens. If you're not, then the stock 9006 harness is on its own without any help. But with aftermarket stuff, it's better safe than sorry.
I had some flickering when i plug it into the 9006 socket directly. Used a relay harness and bolted the ground into the chassis and havent had a single problem except that one time it started flickring like disco. had to turn them off then back on (I'm using the Klight aftermarket kit).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts