8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly would the Comptech reflash program do to the ECU if I were to get a Comptech Supercharger?

I can't find any specs. Hondata's site says "Currently Hondata has tested no forced induction systems on the 06/07 Civic Si "

So why the hell must we send our ECU down for?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
are you looking to get technical?...or just the simple answer..."it will allow your car to run".the reason hondata says tat is because you cant just ask them for a comptech reflash...you need to have bough the comptech kit to get it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Comptech worked with Hondata directly to develop a Comptech S/C specific reflash for the 06+ ECU. Dunno exactly what it changes as I don't have a S/C (yet...), but one can assume that it is very much needed to keep the car idling smooth, and other operating configurations working properly with the S/C on.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
actually i dont think it changes the rev limit like the NA reflash .. I think redline is still the same as stock

vtec engagement is like 4000 rpms if i remember correctly

mike (type X) knows the specifics .. drop him a pm :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
it lowers the vtec to 4000 or 4200 and the rev limit is the same. but you do not feel the vtec kit in its pretty much gone, you cant even see it on a dyno sheet

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SC06SI4U2NV said:
it lowers the vtec to 4000 or 4200 and the rev limit is the same. but you do not feel the vtec kit in its pretty much gone, you cant even see it on a dyno sheet
Good, I always thought the VTEC kick was a gimmick anyways.

Thanks people for the information !

Darryl

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I Vtec said:
Well 06Fg2 has a supercharged SI, so I think he is just as reliable a source as Type X
and where do you think 06fg2 got his supercharger ... FROM ME ..it was on my car first ... so guess what .. I KNOW JUST AS WELL

and the reason i mentioned type X is because he had been talking directly to hondata regarding the specs of the reflash .. thats how i found out .. our superchargers were installed right around the same time

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Haha, thanks Tom. But yea, I was told that Hondata had changed the reflash around a little bit. The shop that I got mine done at, very reputable, had told me that vtec was lowered to 3000, I could go into why, but it helps with the little blips (a lot of people on CRSX with Kpro actually have their vtec set here too), and the rev limit, I was told was still at the original location, but I have taken my car up to 8500 a few times so IDK :D.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
06Fg2 said:
Haha, thanks Tom. But yea, I was told that Hondata had changed the reflash around a little bit. The shop that I got mine done at, very reputable, had told me that vtec was lowered to 3000, I could go into why, but it helps with the little blips (a lot of people on CRSX with Kpro actually have their vtec set here too), and the rev limit, I was told was still at the original location, but I have taken my car up to 8500 a few times so IDK :D.
I would assume the rev limit is the same because of the potential of running lean at the upper RPMs.... or am I just dreaming this...

·
Registered
329 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
because there is no tuning available...lol
Augh! The reflash is basically a TUNE. Yeah, it's limited, but consider it a base map for the Comptech S/C to go on and operate correctly.

The reflash is "free" (paid for through purchasing the S/C), and necessary I believe. I'm not sure if anyone has run the S/C without the reflash, but I'm sure it wouldn't run well...

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
MonkeyConQueso said:
Augh! The reflash is basically a TUNE. Yeah, it's limited, but consider it a base map for the Comptech S/C to go on and operate correctly.

The reflash is "free" (paid for through purchasing the S/C), and necessary I believe. I'm not sure if anyone has run the S/C without the reflash, but I'm sure it wouldn't run well...
yes...it is a tune....but it is not able to be further tuned after install of a turbo/SC...so before you go ahead and offer the guy some wrong advice..you might want to read his question.:thumb:

·
Registered
329 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
yes...it is a tune....but it is not able to be further tuned after install of a turbo/SC...so before you go ahead and offer the guy some wrong advice..you might want to read his question.:thumb:
I think we're both reading FijiPhil's question differently. But I understand where you are coming from now, sorry! :thumb:

EDIT: To eloborate, I was seeing his/her comment as "why wouldn't you get the reflash after installing the S/C". Basically I was reading into the question from the surrounding comments as if we were talking about the original subject. If I'm incorrect in reading into his/her comment, then yeah, my bad!

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
2006exsedan said:
and where do you think 06fg2 got his supercharger ... FROM ME ..it was on my car first ... so guess what .. I KNOW JUST AS WELL
Well apparently you don't know just as well or else you would be giving facts instead of 'ask so and so.'

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
2006exsedan said:

and the reason i mentioned type X is because he had been talking directly to hondata regarding the specs of the reflash .. thats how i found out .. our superchargers were installed right around the same time
can you tell me more of how this worked....?

when you went to swap the ECU's...did honda have to reflash them to get them to work with the cars immobilizer...but it was able to keep the comptech reflash?
or did 06fg2 send his ECU to hondata for the reflash?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts