8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I received a shift boot from Redlinegoods. I ordered a black leather boot with a red stripe. You can custom order a shift boot from them in regular leather colors, 2 perforated leather colors, 5 faux-Alcanatara and 7 carbon graphite vinyl. There are also 20 colors of stitching and you can have a custom stripe put on as well.

Here is what I received when I got my package in the mail. This quality is infinitely better than the Honda boot. It is premium leather and is soft, yet rugged.

[Just to let you know how easy it is to do this, I did this install with the temperature at 10 degrees Fahrenheit. The driver's side is butted up against a wall, so I had to climb in from the passenger side and crawl over the console. I also had to put a light in the car so that it would be easy to see the pictures. Anyone doing this on a warm day in the driveway would finish much quicker than I did.]

Here is a link to the site: Shift boot store - RedlineGoods leather shift boots

Here is a link to the color selection: Shift boot store - RedlineGoods leather shift boots

The shift boot works with either an Si Coupe or Si Sedan. I have a Sedan. I would assume that those who have an FG1 or FA1 would find the installation to be quite similar.

I used a similar DIY that FujiBlueSi had done, but I have more details and pictures. Here is that link: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/interior-style-mods/5898-diy-changing-shift-boot-fg2.html

You will need the following:
1. Torx head screwdriver
2. Flat blade screwdriver
3. A zip tie.
4. A pliers or needle nose pliers
5. Heavy duty automotive adhesive
6. A wire cutter

Step 1: To begin, loosen the nut on the shifter below the shift knob.

Step 2: After loosening the nut, remove the shift knob, then remove the nut.

Step 3: Push the shift boot down into the silver trim piece.

Step 4: Pull up on the silver trim piece. I found that by putting my fingers in the ring and pulling up evenly, it pops right out. Do not use a flat blade screwdriver to remove the silver trim piece as you will mar the plastic surrounding the silver trim piece.

Step 5: Remove the 4 Torx head screws.

Step 6: Pull the boot out of the silver trim piece.

Step 7: Remove the staples holding the boot to the black plastic ring. I used a flat blade screwdriver to dislodge the staples, then used a pliers to pull each staple out.

Step 8: Now, flip the stock shift boot inside-out. You will need to cut the zip tie holding the black, plastic ring, which holds it to the boot.

Step 9: Remove the black, plastic ring and separate the stock shift boot from the black plastic base piece.

Step 10: Now turn the Redlinegoods shift boot inside out. Put the black, plastic ring into the small hole of the boot. Make sure that the larger part of the ring is on top. Put a new zip tie around the ring just like Honda did it. [I forgot to take a picture of the new boot, but you can see what I mean using the picture of the old boot.]

Step 11: Apply adhesive to the shifter base edge. This is necessary because you cannot staple the boot to the plastic like Honda did, at least it didn't work for me. I have a staple gun, but it wouldn't penetrate the plastic.

Step 12: Reconnect the black plastic base to the silver trim piece using the 4 Torx screws.

Step 13: Push the boot back so that the boot is in the correct position with the leather facing outwards.

Step 14: Snap the silver trim piece back into place. Gently push it into place. It should snap right in.

Step 15: Screw the nut back onto the shifter making sure that the flange of the nut is facing down. Screw the knob back on, making sure that the shift pattern on the knob is correctly lined up.

Step 16: Enjoy your new shift boot.

[I put the stripes sideways so that they would be easier to see in the pictures. I will redo this when my car comes out of storage and make the stripes go in the direction of the shifter and also apply automotive adhesive. You could also use a very long zip tie to help secure the shift boot to the black plastic base. ]

·
Registered
512 Posts
Did yours take forever to arive? I ordered mine like a week and a half ago and still no sign of it. I wish they provided tracking numbers just so I had some idea where the F it is.

Although, I am quite looking foward to the black alacantra and red stitching that awaits me.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are shipped from Poland, thus the longer wait. What I found out is that once your order is taken, it is registered with the system, then it goes into production. Mine was sent by mail as it was so light. It came in a mailing envelope:

It is worth the wait. You will be happy with the black Alcantara with red stitching. The quality is excellent and it is a nice way to spice up the console area.

·
Registered
512 Posts
^ Of course it came today. lol

It looks really nice. I can't wait to see how it looks once I finally get around to installing all the random crap that's piling up in my room (fogs with HIDs, new high beam bulbs, accord horn, interior LEDs, and amsoil synchromesh).

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi guys,

the armrest cover for the 8th Civic is now available. This is a sneak preview pic, waiting for more (TBA soon):

Just click the pic to go to our site. The prices are:

shift boot & armrest cover SAVE 30% $69
armrest cover SAVE 25% $44
shift boot SAVE 20% $39

Enjoy
Maciek

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
This looks really good.....You will be hearing from me next week on the armrest and boot combo.....:wavey:

What is the turn around time with this package?

Stock looking shift boot Leather(Black with red stiching)+Leather stock armrest cover(Black or charcoal whatever matches the SI seats with red stiching)

Thanks,
Lonny.

·
Registered
144 Posts
:yeahthat: I was actually wondering the exact same thing . I've been looking around. Where dis u get that si logo thing .

1 - 20 of 50 Posts