8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(2006 civic SI)shifting out of 2nd in VTEC and 3rd gear grinded..but because i stepped on the gas and 3rd gear popped out it redlined. Meaning the car was in nuetral.

Now my 3rd gear set has been replaced but my car has been making noises coming from the engine bay.. No other SI's ive driven make this noise. ALL others are make pure engine noise. Mine sounded like a faint metal vibration noise. The vibrations sometimes get horrible loud around 5000rpms.

Anybody else done this?

·
Registered
25 Posts
How long ago was the 3rd gear fixed? I had mine fixed as well, actually they replaced the whole tranny. Anyways, take it back to the shop you got it fixed at, I'm sure they warrantied the work.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
oh noes....take it to the shap ASAP!!!! u dont want to run any risks especially when transmissions are involved!!

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
I've redlined my car in the same fashion before, and nothing happened to it. That's not the problem, it's probably the transmission again, nothing with the motor.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
yeah... your just either trippin or something you THOUGHT was fixed is still broken. I can't even count how many times my car has been redline.. but its still strong as when I first got the car.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I did that a few times before I had the 3rd gear TSB performed on my car -- third gear would get blocked out, and my foot would still go back to throttle before I could register what was going on. There's no problem whatsoever, as you will still hit the fuel cut in neutral.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
hell mine has bounced off of 9k b4 and the engine is still as strong as the day i bought it. and COMPlex has had his around 9.5k all the time. so he says not callin him a liar. but its the tranny id worry about...im taking mine to the shop for tranny diagnostics tomorrow

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah... your just either trippin or something you THOUGHT was fixed is still broken. I can't even count how many times my car has been redline.. but its still strong as when I first got the car.
problem is that is that it was in Nuetral with no load or whatever.. not good on engine when its not in gear to rev that high

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i mean isnt that the same as redline revving in nuetral? heck idk whats wrong with it but lately its making this buzzing noise, kind of metallic and ive taken it back to honda and apparently they cant hear the noise!! which ive rode with a service technician.
We also rode in a newer one, completely different sound. pure engine noise..Mine hower has a faint metal grinding noise. EVERY GEAR, nearly every RPM. THANKS for the INPUT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts