8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2010 Si with barely 1500 mile on her(bought her with 4.5 miles). I red line her about four time (about 8500rpm), because i am a idiot:facepalm:. My question is will this cause damage to my motor for just doing it about those four time and why does that red light come on when i red line it?

I use to drive an EP3/k20a3 which red line at 5800rpm, so i am still getting use to k20z3, so much better then the A3. My other question is when should i change my oil, is right now a good time to change it at 1500 miles?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
79 Posts
hey bro
well for starters...goodmorning glad to see someone is up at my hours lol
...1500 miles is honestly not to many miles
the motor is ussually broken in by about 4-5k miles
dont stress tho bro its not a big deal. (jus dont keep doing it)
your red blinky light comes on when u red line to tell you to shift..unlike the older si's our shift light in the '09 and '10 model come in red. (imo its so much nicer)
and lastly your oil...wait until your oil change..the motor honestly is jus gettin used to the cheap crap honda puts in at the dealership lol...but when you do change your oil make sure you use a good brand...honda puts in 5weight and in my motor i have 10weight...i think that the thicker oil is a lil bit better only cus i feel it isnt as liquidy..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Your not hurting a single thing. honda advises wait 600 miles but i didnt even do that much, and after driving the hell out of my car every single day for 31,000 miles it drives perfect. Keep getting your :vtec: on, its what the car was designed to do

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.