8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
yea guys but i really do hope that she has insurance or else ima have to pay a deductible and thats going to suck. yea the cop lady was just a ****. she didnt give me any citations but just hassle me of something stupid and irrelevant. i couldve just not popped my hood but then it might just make her look for something else like my no front plates or my limo tints, luckily i had my windows rolled down. can you guys help me answer this question, is the girl SUPPOSE to get a citation for running that red light? and by law isnt her car SUPPOSE to be towed since she didnt have proof of regristations and insurance?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
x3kenster said:
yea guys but i really do hope that she has insurance or else ima have to pay a deductible and thats going to suck. yea the cop lady was just a ****. she didnt give me any citations but just hassle me of something stupid and irrelevant. i couldve just not popped my hood but then it might just make her look for something else like my no front plates or my limo tints, luckily i had my windows rolled down. can you guys help me answer this question, is the girl SUPPOSE to get a citation for running that red light? and by law isnt her car SUPPOSE to be towed since she didnt have proof of regristations and insurance?
I think she was supposed to get a ticket. All of her info should be in the system. You need to get on the "ask a cop thread" or just pm Mordekyle (think I spelled it right) to make sure. Have you recieved your report yet?

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
well she was supposed to get a ticket but she didnt. if you dont have proof of insurance on your body they give you a ticket for tht and then you have to go to court and show proof or insurance then thats when they get you if you dont have it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
if she didnt get a ticket at the time of the accident, theres nothing that can be done now (about her getting a ticket) .... i kno from experience... good luck tho

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
she did get a citation at the scene for the insurance and regristation. i just thought that they would tow her car since shes not suppose to be driving around without it. also, was she suppose to get a ticket for running a red or they cant add that infraction? because she did not get a ticket for that.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
IMO get a lawyer...if she doesnt have insurance and she was at fault im sure you can go after her legally to get your deductible back plus other losses...hit her where it hurts...teach her a lesson for not leaving for work on time

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I agree with Kirk... I know here where I live and thats in Edmonton, anyone that gets caught at a left turn is at fault... Now I know that it'll differ from province to province or might even be totally different in the States, but with her not having proof of registration or insurance or lets say if she even didn't have her license, depending on your location and laws you have it could range from a ticket to getting the vehicle towed.

I have a CSX Type S or in the States that would be a Civic Si Sedan, this cop that gave you the citation for the exhaust needs to go back and read up. There is a HUGE difference between the Honda Si Stock exhaust and an after market exhaust system. Now I know that most of us here WOULD know the difference, but then again some officers aren't the brightest (No offence to any officers on the forum).

Definitely get a lawyer and fight this you may get something out of it.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts