8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
8/12. i was on my way to work this morning and was at a light waiting to make a left. this was a yield green not a direct arrow green so as it turns green i inched my way into the intersection then look to my left and see this silver hyundai smashing towards me. i quickly tried taking off so i wouldnt get tee boned but i still clipped in the rear. this girl ran the red, hit me, and didnt even apologize and complained how she was late to work! im fcukin pissed off. my car is 2 months old and now already got into an accident. to top that off, the lady cop that was dealing with me was a real PIA. she walked to another officer at the scene and told him to write me a citation for a modified exhaust then later asked if i had papers. my car is completely stock! after i told her it was a stock exhaust, she proceeded to tell me to pop my hood. then she later told me that some cars come illegal from the factory? wtf?! this has nothing to do with the accident and i was clearly the victim. the girl got a citation for no proof of insurance and registration. correct me if im wrong, but arent they suppose to tow her car? she also didnt get a citation for running the red. im confused with these laws... klkasjdflajsfd!! sorry just needed to vent...

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sk33ny said:
Wow dude thats horrible. She does have insurance though, right?
im not too sure if she does or doesnt. she just has an insurance card but it doesnt have her name or any information of the car on it. i have uninsure motorist but def want her to pay...

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
x3kenster said:
im not too sure if she does or doesnt. she just has an insurance card but it doesnt have her name or any information of the car on it. i have uninsure motorist but def want her to pay...
Yikes. Well, keep a cool head about everything and hopefully everything will go right for you.

Did the police file a report?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sk33ny said:
Yikes. Well, keep a cool head about everything and hopefully everything will go right for you.

Did the police file a report?

yea they did. the girl wanted to take off before the police arrived. she said, "lets just exchange information, im late to work." this girl was a clown but yea thanks for the support.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
20strong said:
That is crap cars do not come illegal from the factory. They have to meet all requirments dont they? Good luck with the fix though.
Car manufacturers are required to meet the law.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, i think this police was trying to give me a hard time. she saw a chrome stock exhaust tip and assumed it was modified. acted like she knew everything and just talked outta her ass just because she could.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Make sure the report is to the T. If any thing that you did is not accurate then let them know so you can fix it. Also call the station and speak with the officers sgt. and explain to him she gave you a ticket and your car is stock then she what he can do for you. Also mention how she didnt get the ticket for the red light she ran.
Good luck with it though. keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bulletSisedan said:
Make sure the report is to the T. If any thing that you did is not accurate then let them know so you can fix it. Also call the station and speak with the officers sgt. and explain to him she gave you a ticket and your car is stock then she what he can do for you. Also mention how she didnt get the ticket for the red light she ran.
Good luck with it though. keep us posted.
well she didnt end up giving me that ticket for the exhaust after i told her it was stock but i do need to see if the girl was suppose to get a red light citation. when i asked the officer about that, she told me it couldnt be added to the infraction.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
thats f'ed up. u got into an accident and she wants to write u tickets. id take the officer to court if i got the ticket.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
ARgghghghghgh

no comments abt the cops and this female driver without proof of insurance....

lol....i dont think those cops have ever seen a lambo or a ferrari.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Man, that's complete b/s. I'm guessing you live in Cali right? The only reason I say that is because of the comment on your exhaust, which is something that shouldn't have even been of any concern with her being there for an accident. It sounds like she just saw what she thought was an aftermarket exhaust and instantly found you guilty on the spot, I would definitely go over the police report with a fine tooth comb if I were you.

If it makes you feel better, I had a similar experience.. I had a cop show up to an accident where I was t-boned, but it turns out that I had left my new insurance card at home. The cop was a serious **** to me, and tried to mess with me in every way possible but couldn't come up with anything to give me a ticket for other than the insurance thing.
Well, it turns out that I knew someone related to the lady I had t-boned.. He was an old buddy of mine and he called me up and said "Dude, I don't want to be the messenger of some bad news or anything, but that cop has been talking to her just about everyday on how to blame this all on you." I was pissed. Turns out they had set up a court date fighting her ticket and he was going to be a witness for her when she sued me for not having insurance.. Little did those little bastards know I had already been up to the courthouse and had my ticket dismissed by showing my proof of insurance.

Some cops are just dicks man.. Most of them are just having a bad day or something, but there are others that ruin it for all of them.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts