8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys heres the deal my 06 si has had the jdm badges sitting in the room just waiting to be put on. so today was 60* so i skipp school to go intall. the back applied perfectly with no problems or concerns. but the front was night and day difference!....i break the emblem like everyone else then i see two SCREWS!. so im like ive never heard anyone talk about that so then i planned to take off the grill and didnt know wat to do after unscrewing the torque bit. now i put all the grill hardware back and my car has no front emblem with two screws sticking out!:bsflag:
Guys please help this good day gone horrible good again for me.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
When I performed my installation, I broke the front emblem, and then pushed the screws forward into the hole.

Basically I did not retain any of the hardware from the old emblem (i.e. the emblem broke, the screws pushed away). The good news is the emblem and the hardware are very cheap even from a dealership.

·
Registered
710 Posts
You don't need to break the front emblem off. just seperate the grill from the bumper and you can get in behind.

When you open the hood look for two big round clips at each corner of the cowling above the grill. pop those up and remove the cowling. There are then about 7 or 8 screws (phillips) that you remove, take those out and voila the grill will slide out, Then just uncrew the old emblem off from behind.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
guys i got it off for future notice when you break the H emblem i had some residual plastic that surrounded the screw, so i broke that off then the screws simply poped out ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
967 Posts
that sucks that you had that problem. i just did it the long way and took the whole bumper off and unscrewed the emblem from the beginning. now i have two perfectly good stock emblems FTW!!!.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts